Unlimited access >

Does anyone still make predominantly cotton breeches

(12[quote=“OTTBs, post:19, topic:763128”]
I found some Jockey shorts…but it’s too hot to wear the layers in summer! $20 undies to wear the see through breeches. :angry: I did want to warn others of the see through nature
[/quote]

These are awesome

They aren’t intended as a slimmer, so they are comfortable, & they are super breathable. I wear them under dresses and skirts. They make it a much more pleasant experience.

The Target version (Jockey Generation) is cheaper ($12) than the full branded Jockey from dept stores. They fabric is a bit thinner, so a bit more prone to snags. I just wear them as underwear, so just one layer.

They would most likely work under most breeches, unless they were extra transparent.

1 Like

Seconding - not an active rider myself and have been an “aspiring” eventer for years (b/c life) but back when I was riding more regularly I had a pair of navy blue knee-patch (knee patches are a faux suede type material) Ovation breeches that still hang in my closet (along with a pair from Horze that work well but I didn’t like that they were pull-on as the waistband likes to roll down on me and they got some snags in the fabric) and they were hands-down my favorites. Not sure if those were cotton though, didn’t look at the label. Not sure how Ovation’s breeches, etc. are more recently as I probably got that pair in 2014-15ish, but they’re definitely good. My only complaint with my Ovations is I think that’s the pair that’s a tiny bit short in the leg, which doesn’t matter much, it’s not visible when wearing paddock boots and half-chaps or tall boots but I’m 5’8.

1 Like

Darn…I bought my first pair at Kohl’s on sale and a second on Amazon, both around $20. Mine are not slimming either. I never would have thought about wearing with a dress, that’s awesome. If I ever wear one again…

1 Like

Romfh Campions are.

1 Like

I was just reminded for some reason of this thread and that you wanted an update on the HORZE full seat breeches… they are very comfortable, they fit at least a size bigger possibly two sizes. I am normally between a 26 and a 28. I read the reviews and decided to go with the 28, I probably could have done the 24 inch. But the 26 is OK. They are cotton so they do stretch a little more than other fabrics. The fabric is not quite as heavy as the riding sport breeches, but still quite nice. Probably better for spring, summer,fall riding. I bought the navy with the tan full seat and I like the two tone.

1 Like

Duluth Trading Company’s Buck Naked Performance underwear in beige. Pricey but these are the best for summer that I’ve found so far.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/women/underwear/undies/buck-naked-performance/?feature=un2

(On sale now it looks like.)

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

1 Like