Unlimited access >

Does anyone still make predominantly cotton breeches

My favorite type of breeches is the Dover, riding Sport one. They are 95% cotton and 5% spandex. Just bought the last pair from Dover, happily they were in my size, I didn’t want black, but beggars can’t be choosers. I know we are going to the more technical type fabrics, but all that nylon and polyester just makes me itch.
I’m really struggling to find anything that is predominantly cotton. I found some that Tuff Rider makes, But they only come in low rise and knee patch. I prefer full seat and regular rise. Anyone out there a fan of cotton as well and know if other brands???

2 Likes

Didn’t Ariat make denim breeches for awhile? I’d expect those to be a cotton/spandex blend.

1 Like

I think you’re right. I will take a look

Horze makes women’s active silicone breeches that are 95% cotton.

1 Like

Sweet! I’ll look!!

Here’s the link - https://www.equinavia.com/horze-womens-active-silicone-full-seat-breeches-36277-spu/p

1 Like

I just bought some! Thanks again!

It’s so difficult to find regular rise anything let alone full seat. Every time I find a pair I like, they get discontinued. Please update us on how you like the fit of the Horze ones.

1 Like

What do you consider “regular” rise? HorZe’s Grand Prix silicone full seats are pretty nice. They aren’t cotton though.

1 Like

I will!!

I have a couple pair of sturdy mostly cotton horze breeches I found on the SmartPak sales rack. I THINK they’re the Angela - https://www.equinavia.com/horze-angela-womens-high-waist-breeches-silicone-full-seat-36081-vdb/p .

Whatever they are, they are good weight stretchy cotton that feels almost like denim and they seem to be wearing well. Definitely worth full price and, if you’re in the NE area, SmartPak had a few more in the attic last time I was there.

I am a bit of a Horze junkie, though. I love their summer weight tech breeches. I bought a couple pair of their high waisted riding tights off the sales page and OMG, they are so comfortable AND there is a big/deep enough thigh pocket to fit my phone in. Not to mention at least a few of their styles actually work well with a pear shaped person. I have silicon show breeches (the grand prix) that Don’t Gape At The Waist!

2 Likes

I’m a HorZe junkie as well :joy:I have more pairs of their breeches and tights than I care to admit lol. I love their stuff.

2 Likes

Ovation makes great breeches. Looks at the celebrity line breeches or the slim secrecy line.

1 Like

Tropical Rider makes a cotton breech, high rise with many full seat options. Their colors are very limited though. I got excited that Tan was back on the list, but you apparently can’t order it. I ordered Canary breeches a few years ago and they are see through. My other favorite is Devon Aire, but it seems their breeches are backordered or something. Not sure if they came in full seat, I stick to knee patches.

2 Likes

I had some Ovation several…like 10+ Years ago. I bought them in Ontario Canada. I haven’t seen that brand here in the US, but I see them available on several websites… not sure how I missed them

I have a pair of Tredstep Rosas that are 68% cotton. I think I’d consider them regular rise, but they are knee patch, not full seat.

1 Like

Ovation breeches are way better now’. The celebrity euroweave and slim secret breeches are definitely the cotton fabric, but they really retain their shape and hold up well to riding. Older ovation euro weave didn’t Retain their shape well. I usually wear them in the cooler months and wear the ovation aqua breeches/ Romf sarafina / ovation celebrity ultra breech ( more of the performance type fabric ) in the hotter summer months.

1 Like

Have you tried the equespant? They are a great short made to wear under breeches. Maybe able to help with those canary see through breeches you have?

I found some Jockey shorts…but it’s too hot to wear the layers in summer! $20 undies to wear the see through breeches. :angry: I did want to warn others of the see through nature.

1 Like

The heat has been brutal this summer. Mostly cotton breeches feel more comfortable, but the “under layer” is a real struggle, whatever the fabric.

1 Like