Unlimited access >

Dove grey/ light grey breeches

Anyone have a favorite brand? I have a FITS pair, and they are great, but looking to try something else. Full seat, light enough for recognized USEA events.

I’m just so over white breeches!

3 Likes

I’ve been looking for the same thing but haven’t found anything I want to pull the trigger on yet. Contemplating the Equestrian Stockholm in Paloma. Kind of a grey tan color.

I seem to be able to find a lot of dark or charcoal gray, but light is elusive!

2 Likes

Another person here looking for the same thing. I feel like the demand is there, not sure why the supply doesn’t seem to match.

2 Likes

Light grey is a difficult colour to achieve. It can look like white washed by mistake with a darker colour, lol!

I have these breeches and I have to say it’s an odd colour to style if you care about coordinating. The description says warm beige undertones and I have to say my eye sees a lot of the beige when I start to put it with various coloured tops. I like it with my le mieux rioja gear, but don’t like it with navy, for example. It works fine with a white show shirt and black jacket, though, which could be what you’re looking for anyway. I know this pair specifically would be darker than what you are looking for, but I figured it’s good food for thought to consider the undertones.

They do have this colour (smoke) which might meet your needs?

ETA: Whoops… you said full seat. So the Struck Smoke won’t help you in your hunt for breeches, unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

I switched to grey for HTs a few years ago and haven’t looked back. :wink: I had to search, buy, and return A LOT to find what I wanted but landed on Pikeur Lugana breeches in light grey. These aren’t exactly the same but look similar: https://www.doversaddlery.com/pikeur-lugana-microfibre-fs/p/X1-35231/. I got them on major sale though and did not pay $280 for them!

I think they work really well for both dressage and jumping:

8 Likes

Thank you @Libby2563! I will search for those on sale!

Thank you! The smoke is a beautiful color and exactly what I’m looking for, but yes, sadly need full seat.

Also, in the interest of helping the community, here is the FITS pair that I have and love. They are pricey but they have frequent sales. I find that they come clean if you don’t follow the care instructions and use real detergent . . . Of course, I’m sure that’s going to impact the longevity of the leather patches (a reason that I have started searching for alternatives): https://fitsriding.com/collections/breeches/products/performax-zip-front-slash-pocket-full-seat-breech-sahara?variant=32150842867754.

Here they are in action:

1 Like

Romfh Sarafina had a mist grey that is now discontinued. If you happen to be a size 30, Carousel Tack has a pair on clearance.

I have a pair of B Vertigo breeches in dove grey:
https://www.doversaddlery.com/tiffany-fs-breeches/p/X1-350824/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2v-gBhC1ARIsAOQdKY2KMuHhstDSsQ15xSPYZkFDES4eK01YnLydO-_VKGbi5A2SU6rbZ-QaApmuEALw_wcB

Lightweight and comfortable, but the pockets are not actually useful (esp for the sizes of phones nowadays) if that’s a concern to you. Also, they’re just one shade darker than I’d really like for my show gear-- I think they’d look great with a brighter coat than I have (hunter green that ends up looking black in comparison to the breeches).

Edited to add: they also run large.

I bought these last year. I liked them so much I went back and bought 4 more pairs.

I have them for schooling and showing. I am a tough sell and don’t love ALL breeches, so when I like something I cling to it like grim death. I love the grey and the Navy colors. I own white and tan for my shows also. I would NEVER compete in an event in white unless I was at a VERY high level competition.

https://www.doversaddlery.com/dover-dalton-kp-breech/p/X1-350392/?cpos=0&cexp=155&cst=Dalton&kcid=0350392&cvar=1069&ctype=Search&cpid=res23032706257074957367533

Only downside, you don’t have a phone pocket, but I don’t need it.

Em

I have 2 pairs of Rompfs (seat = darker grey) and 1 Ovation (seat = navy) that are light enough for shows but I’m not seeing them on a google search so perhaps they don’t do those colors anymore?

I have a couple pairs of Kerrits that are more marginal in color (medium-ish). I just did a rainy unrec event in them, but not sure if they are “light” per USEA.

Agree tan is so much easier to find.

1 Like

I have had the FITS dove grey for years and love them. I use detergent but don’t put them in the drier and they’ve done great. I decided years ago–back when Karen O’Connor was rocking beige in the the dressage ring–that my butt never needed to be in white breeches again.

3 Likes

Just found these, KL Select Gabrielle in grey/navy https://www.equusnow.com/kl-select-gabrielle-full-seat-breech/?fbclid=IwAR0bajXDwjPO-Igga4SVtuOS2XpxUy1e7lfliSE2dgV9OJuJFZw_UQ9kh7g

I will probably wait for a sale to buy them because they are a little $$ at full price, but I have a friend that loves this brand and vouches for them! They may be a tad bit darker than desired but closest I’ve found to a dove grey, with silicone FS and enough details to make them cute without being too much.

1 Like

These look like they might be what you are looking for:

Ovation Ladies’ Elegance Sparkle Full Seat Breeches | Riding Warehouse

4 Likes

Thanks @NorCal, that is a great color!

Just FYI: I love Romfhs and found them in the gray and was SO excited. Unfortunately, when they arrived, the seat color is a bright blue. That is NOT what the picture showed. I kept them, but use them for schooling. Somehow, I just don’t want a bright blue butt! Just a cautionary tale.

1 Like

Whoa. Yeah, that is not really what you want in the dressage ring.

1 Like

These definitely aren’t dove grey, but they’re the best flipping breeches I’ve ever worn.
Maya Delorez Compression Breeches

1 Like