Unlimited access >

Dover Saddle lifetime tree warranty?

Hi! So I bought a used Dover circuit close contact saddle maybe around 8 years or so ago. About 2 years ago, I noticed while I was cleaning it that there was a small tear under the pommel :confused: And upon closer inspection I felt that one side of the tree was starting to break, and when I rode, it was cutting through the leather. Started using school saddles, and kind of forgot I should do something about it until recently.

I know Dover saddles have a lifetime tree warranty, but I have a feeling it doesn’t apply to used saddles? Does anyone know if Dover will help me out? Or should I just start saving up for a new saddle?

Thanks!

I don’t know about Dover but my CWD had a lifetime tree warranty but it only applied to me, as the original owner. Once I sold the saddle, the warranty did not apply. I don’t know if that is standard practice or not but I suspect it might not apply to used saddles. Why don’t you call them and ask, that’s the best way to get accurate info.

I had a problem with my Dover Circuit a couple of months ago (a tree issue I think). A mysterious bump showed up on the left side of the gullet. Anyway, I second what BAC said. Contact Dover. They will help you if they can. I don’t know their policy on used saddles as I bought mine new, but they were more than willing to help me. They’ve taken mine back and shipped me a new one ASAP (unfortunately its on backorder but thats not their fault).

Agree with contact Dover. No idea with the second hand issue…but they are fabulous, some of the best customer service out there IMO.

You can also do their live chat if you don’t have time for the phone…and unlike Smartpak you can always get someone and they are always online (at least when I’ve used it).

[QUOTE=Jumper_girl221;7462444]
Agree with contact Dover. No idea with the second hand issue…but they are fabulous, some of the best customer service out there IMO.

You can also do their live chat if you don’t have time for the phone…and unlike Smartpak you can always get someone and they are always online (at least when I’ve used it).[/QUOTE]

When I was resolving my tree issue I was using the live chat 90% of the time. Its worlds better than Smartpak’s and you can always connect to someone. If you connect multiple times, sometimes you are connected to the same person and they sometimes will remember your case. Its super handy so you’re not waiting on the phone.