drag n fly set on pull behind bar-how to maneuver outside of ring

I was advised to use the drag on the pull behind hitch rather than the 3 point hitch. i was told to crank up the front level to get it to ride on the roll bar in back to maneuver outside. it’s very awkward and difficult. the tines are screeching. is this correct? i would think there is some way for it to roll on the wheels? any help appreciated. otherwise i’m back to the 3 point hitch.

There are no brochures online, no youtube videos, drag didn’t come with any instructions, and i would imagine it’s closed given present circumstances so i haven’t called the company.

thanks!
Emily

Did you get the hitch converter from 3 point to drag?

Their literature has this:

• [b]3 Point Hitch Not Needed with Optional Hitch Converter[/b]
Maybe you need one of those to make it work dragging, not riding on the 3 point.

thanks for your reply. i have it set up on the hitch converter. my issue is that then the drag drags along the ground. in other words from where i store it under roof across grass to the ring. most of those types of drags have a way to elevate the elements so they don’t drag. i was advised to crank it so it’s rolling on the roll bar in back. but that is difficult to do and get the tines off the ground. it has wheels i’m wondering if that should be jacked up somehow. am i making sense?

Need a picture of the drag. There are so many kinds of drags! I have no picture in my mind of what you are talking about.

Those gauge wheels are supposed to be what rolls it along without dragging the ground when you don’t use the 3 point.

There ought to be something to get them adjusted?
The front to back adjustment I don’t think would do that?
Something may lower and raise the wheels themselves.
Some times gauge wheels have several holes to raise and lower them right by the hub?

Picture I found was not clear how that may work.
You may not have this model, but there is hard to see what may adjust those wheels:

https://www.ruralking.com/drag-n-fly-arena-drag

yes this is it. i thought the same. i will see if i can figure out something else without requiring a wrench etc. otherwise, i don’t have time to monkey with a set up like that daily. thanks

https://www.ruralking.com/drag-n-fly-arena-drag
as bluey noted. the Drag n fly (Carolina makes it)

Looks like maybe this model is what you have, arranged as this one to drag?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti9r3j8lhhE

If so, the wheels look like they are each mounted on a welded support.
Is there a way that support can be adjusted up or down?

This is what I can’t figure out. I will just start cranking all the knobs and see I guess.

Close up pictures would help, maybe?

Okay. I’ll try to get some. It just doesn’t make sense to me. My arena rascal is so easy. But that is in PA and this is in Fl

Our TR3 has done an excellent job for us, but it takes a larger tractor to pull it.

I’m curious, why were you advised not to use the 3-point hitch? I have a Drag N Fly and it works beautifully on the 3-point hitch of my compact Kubota. Mine has roll bars front and rear though (no ripper teeth) so I would just have to tilt the tines up to let it roll without dragging. What you’re describing does sound annoying to do on a daily basis.

You say “I was advised”.
Who advised you? Ask them.

Footing guy. I actually figured it out. You have to crank two bats. I believe dragging it on hitch eliminates humps. If you get those and roll over the same humps w wheels it exacerbates issue. Also this takes foot prints out better without the teeth and digging footing deeper.

Footing guy suggested. His way to raise the drag was goofy. I actually figured it out. You have to crank two Bars. I believe dragging it on hitch eliminates humps. If you get those and roll over the same humps w wheels it exacerbates issue. Also this takes foot prints out better without the teeth and digging footing deeper.

Completely off the pointt, but I have a Drag N Fly groomer. I got rid of my fiber footing- this gadget works great on my sand mixture in my indoor arena. I use the 3 point hitch to move it.

^ Oh the mini is what I have too! My footing guy suggested it because it doesn’t exacerbate any bumps/waves in the footing and potentially create them in the base. He didn’t say not to use it with the 3-point.

I have drag n fly on my 3 point hitch and I can vouch for the humps. So many hills and valleys…
i use my tractor for other stuff though so I need to be able to lift it up and off the ground.