Unlimited access >

Dreaming of future horse - Paint hunter lines?

Back in the day, all of the quarter horses were red. :slight_smile: That doesn’t seem true anymore, especially the HUS types.

HUS horses might as well be TBs :laughing: And that’s the reason there aren’t nearly as many chestnut HUS horses, because they started breeding them to more and more TBs to get taller and leggier horses, bringing in more and more black- and bay-based colors.

This is true about the TB influence in HUS AQHA horses. DGS Replicated is on paper actually 3/4 TB and only 1/4 QH. He got his full registration through performance. My filly is being registered as an appendix with the AQHA and she is on paper 3/4 TB.

I’ve got no problem with TBs. Love that influence. Just figured that if I have to shovel money into it I might as well get the color I want, and that’s red.

I ended up NOT getting a QH at all… again… it just never seems to happen for me. BUT… what I got WOULD get APHA full registry papers from markings if it was a QH. Does that count for something? LOL.

I Got Em Talkin is a lovely grey overo APHA stallion, who has successfully been shown at the 3’ level, and is quiet enough to pack his ammy owner and some kids around too!

If I every breed my mare, he is my number 1 choice, and it’s not even close. He has some fantastic sport horse TB lines in there too!

https://www.facebook.com/igotemtalkin

2 Likes