Unlimited access >

Dressage barns around Richmond, VA

I am an adult rider and have been out of the saddle since I sold my baby h/j a couple of years ago. I have been riding most of my life and have thought about making the switch to Dressage for a while and try it out.

Now that I don’t have a horse any longer it’s a great time for me to try something different.

The tough thing of course is that I don’t have a horse and Dressage barns with lesson horses are few and far between in my experience.

Does anyone know of a barn around Richmond, VA that may give lessons? I’d be willing to half lease also if that is an option for a trainer who doesn’t necessarily do beginner lessons/have lesson horses.

Thanks in advance! I’m really looking forward to making a change!

Hi! Just sent you a PM.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but having lived in Richmond for nearly 10 years, I can say with complete confidence that it is a wasteland when it comes to dressage.

I kept my previous horse an hour and a half (one way) away for two years. My current horse lives in RVA, but we are just at a large boarding facility and have to haul to dressage lessons.

I wish you the best of luck.

I unfortunately have to agree with VACavalier. The same is true throughout the Hampton Roads area.

If you find a horse to ride though, Bruno Greber and George Williams are only about two hours away by trailer and they are both fantastic trainers.

Good luck in your search!