Unlimited access >

Dressage Derby

I am watching the COTH livestream right now for the Palm Beach Dressage Derby.

I am a total dressage derby neophyte, have these riders really never been on these horses before? That is amazing, I am so impressed.

It’s not that kind of derby (not sure where the name came from). No one is on an unfamiliar horse.

Whoops, my misunderstanding!

That makes it somewhat less impressive but still a great thing to watch on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks!

If you were talking about the knock out derby that was just live streamed, it was my understanding that the riders had not ridden these horses before. They got a 5 minute warm up then in to do the test. Very impressive if you ask me…

[QUOTE=PaulaM;8562611]
If you were talking about the knock out derby that was just live streamed, it was my understanding that the riders had not ridden these horses before. They got a 5 minute warm up then in to do the test. Very impressive if you ask me…[/QUOTE]

I thought that was what the OP meant as well. That was the part of the show I really hoped to see, but I didn’t get to, due to having houseguests at the time.

I get a lot of riding inspiration out of these live-streamed shows. It’s a wonderful addition to dressage spectating over just the past few years.

[QUOTE=yaya;8562562]
It’s not that kind of derby (not sure where the name came from). No one is on an unfamiliar horse.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong, it was that kind of derby.

It was clearly explained how it worked on the website page.

1rst round
Chris Von Martels and Adrienne Lyle both rode Legacy’s Ambicioso (one of Juan Matute string)

Joan Matute Jr and Laura Tomlinson both rode Zazou

2d round (The winner of each group)
Chris Von Martels and Laura Tomlinson both rode Leuchtfeueur De.

Chris Von Martels won with 70,008%

Interesting- sorry I missed it - go Chris VM!

ETA replay of the class http://gdf.coth.com/article/live-stream-palm-beach-dressage-derby-exhibition-at-100-p-m

My live feed crapped out after Juan Matute’s ride. Aaaarrrgghh! I was really enjoying it and totally impressed they could all perform that well on horses they have only ridden for 5 minutes.

[QUOTE=alibi_18;8562800]
You are wrong, it was that kind of derby.

It was clearly explained how it worked on the website page.

1rst round
Chris Von Martels and Adrienne Lyle both rode Legacy’s Ambicioso (one of Juan Matute string)

Joan Matute Jr and Laura Tomlinson both rode Zazou

2d round (The winner of each group)
Chris Von Martels and Laura Tomlinson both rode Leuchtfeueur De.

Chris Von Martels won with 70,008%[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of the Palm Beach Derby which was streaming this weekend. It’s a CDI, so competitors have to qualify ahead of time on their horses.

Didn’t know there was another derby going on where they actually switched horses.

WHERE is the live stream? Why am I not seeing these?

It was at 1pm

[QUOTE=yaya;8562941]
I was thinking of the Palm Beach Derby which was streaming this weekend. It’s a CDI, so competitors have to qualify ahead of time on their horses.

Didn’t know there was another derby going on where they actually switched horses.[/QUOTE]

I think you don’t understand how it worked.

The AGDF 8 is named “Palm Beach Derby” and it’s a week long CDI-W/1* filled with all the different FEI classes as expected.

On Thursday, there was a class named : 528 - FEI PSG for Derby horses.
(Legacy’s Ambiciosio 64% ~ Zazou 65% ~ Leuchtfeuer DE 69%)

Those horses qualified to be used in the Livestreamed Sunday class : 529 - FEI PSG “Knock out” Derby in the way I previously explained.

An article about the derby

http://psdressage.com/viewarticle.php?id=2259

what a nice article. I love Lilo and she is the perfect host for such an event.

Some really fine photos included!

Livestream archives can be seen here: http://gdf.coth.com/category/live_streams

There are I believe 4 more shows. I generally check Thurs/Fri to see if/what they are streaming for the week. Freestyles are generally Friday night.

Two more CDI’s, one more national show. The next CDI is the 16-20 and then the week of the 29-3rd is the Nations Cup.