Unlimited access >

Dressage in Savannah, Georgia

So I’m going off to college in the fall and one of my top schools is Savannah College of Art and Design. I cannot board my horse at SCAD’s barn due to personal needs of my horse and need another barn but I’m wondering if anybody knows of barns that have dressage instruction.

I’ve only seen mainly h/j instruction barns and as I am a dressage rider it would be sort of a last resort for me to board at a facility like that.

*Note I will not have a car if I go to SCAD and am looking for barns that are somewhat easy to get to using public transport. For example Pleasant Brook Farms which I have looked into is a 44 minute bus ride + 10 minutes of walking on either end of the trip.

I love SCAD but I want to improve while I’m down there, not just when I come back for breaks with my horse.

You could check here; https://www.facebook.com/Coastal-Empire-Dressage-Association-635284856549775/

I checked it out and that seems like more of a club than a boarding facility?

The barn they seem to most operate at is also 4 hours away from Savannah

[QUOTE=Urbandressage;8598347]
I checked it out and that seems like more of a club than a boarding facility?[/QUOTE]

They will know the area and where everything is situated.

Thats a really good idea thank you

You have to go near Charleston to find dressage and most horse activities. But I know Cheryl Tobey personally and vouch that she is a very nice and honest person. She holds some dressage clinics and they have shows up in “methingham county” where she lives. (She used to live near where I boarded in Savannah before she bought her own farmette in Rincon.

Call Cheryl and ask for her help and guidance. She is great.

The SCAD barn moved from Savannah to over the bridge, where the sand gnats will eat horses in good weather.