Unlimited access >

Dressage Instructor Southern Ontario

I am looking for recommendations for dressage instructors in Southern Ontario. I live in Niagara County in the US, so I’d like to find a reputable trainer relatively close to the border.

What is the closest city in Ontario? How far do you want to travel? “Southern Ontario” covers a lot of territory!

In the Niagara region Diane Creech is a Grand Prix rider and trainer with international competition experience. Ruth Crawford is not as high level but has a good reputation. Closer to Fort Erie / Buffalo area Diana Gillifortte is a good mid-level rider and trainer.

I would train with Diane in an heart beat.

1 Like

Diane Creech isn’t really in the Niagara area is she–unless she travels? I thought Ruth Crawford got out of horses.

Sorry, I guess my Ontario geography is bad - I think Diane is in Haegersville. If that’s not part of the Niagara region my apologies.

That’s too bad about Ruth. I’ve seen her at a few shows and clinics and thought she had a lovely way with horses.

Hagersville is at least an hour or more from the US border. Mainly 2 lane highways and back roads. I know Esther Mortimer used to give clinics down Niagara way. I have been out of the loop for a long time. I think most of the trainers are either west or north of Toronto.

Esther still goes down there for clinics a couple times a year but not regularly. And she’s a good hour from the border too.

OP there is a Dressage Niagara association and they have a website and Facebook page. I’m sure somebody there can be more helpful (and have a better grasp of geography lol) than I do.

Diane is west of Hagersville. Maybe 10 miles or more. All rural roads 80 km/h or slower. I am about an hour+ from the border driving a car NOT hauling a trailer. Diane is another 30 minutes past me.