Unlimited access >

Dressage Saddle Fitters - Michigan

I’m close to being in the market for a new dressage saddle for me and my gelding. I’m located in west Michigan. I have very limited experience in different styles of dressage saddles so I’m looking for an independent fitter with a wide variety of saddles I can try. My horse and I have both been fitted for Custom Saddlery saddles by the Michigan rep Julie Weitzel, but I was not a huge fan of how the customs fit me. Would love some recommendations on independent fitters either in Michigan or able to travel to Michigan.

Thanks!

Do you know trainer Betsy Howell in Traverse City? She rides in Custom and definitely has a rep/fitter who comes to her barn from somewhere downstate, but I don’t know who it is.

Hidden Hill Acres

Give her a call & she ought to be able to give you a name.

If you’re talking about the Custom Saddlery rep I’ve had the Michigan custom rep out to fit my horse already, Julie Weitzel. I’m looking into other brands/styles, I wasn’t a huge fan of the way the customs fit me. Would love to find somebody that has more than one brand for me to try. Thank you!

1 Like

We have used Pam Omer in the past and were very very happy with her services. I believe she is still in business by Williamston. I did a search under Pam Omer, saddle fitter, to find her information.

I believe that Pam Omer is retired, but you can contact her to confirm. Pam was an Albion rep—she would fit any brand saddle, but she only sold Albions. Diane Pulles was supposedly moving out of the area, but last I knew, was still in Michigan. She is a Black Country rep—but will fit any saddle brand and make recommendations for a brand that might work for your horse. For my hubby’s horse, she actually recommended a Trilogy (clearly not trying to push the Black Country if it won’t work for your horse).

Recently, we have used Sally Dietrich, who is a Trilogy rep, but will fit any brand of saddle. She just retired from her “day job” (teaching) and has more time for saddle fitting. She’s in the Brighton/Ann Arbor area. You can find her contact info by going to the Trilogy website and looking up fitters by state.

1 Like

Sally is delightful! Highly recommend her.