Unlimited access >

Dressage Saddle Recs

Hey dressage folks,
Looking for saddle recommendations as I know nothing about the brands etc. I am located in Europe so euro companies only as I will most likely be buying used, but I will be showing in it. I haven’t sat in a dressage saddle for many years and am deciding to switch my jumper mare to a new discipline. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently ride in a CWD semi-deep seat and my mare has a very uncomplicated back to fit – super average shape – however, she is a huge mover and her trot and walk will rearrange your organs (she was bred for dressage - donnerhall granddaughter blah blah) Thank you in advanced!
And I wan’t to hear the good, the bad, and the controversial.

I have a Frank Baines dressage saddle (actually, I have a FB all -purpose also. I LOVE them…

I tend toward the UK brands (I know not Europe, but surely if they can ship here they can ship there too?). Currently riding in an Albion. But I also really like County. I prefer wool flocked so my fitter can make any needed adjustments over time.

Find some that fit you and your horse, then search the brand on here and you’ll find reviews. That’s what I do/did at least!

I’m a Stubben fan of 30+yrs.
Just donated my 1985 Portos A/P that I schooled to 3rd in, showed Hunters, Evented & rode trails in.
I now have a near-10yo Maestoso semi-custom that will probably be my last saddle.
Well-made saddles that last.

1 Like