Unlimited access >

Dressage Stallion Recommendations Needed

[QUOTE=stoicfish;8659348]
Being eligible is not being registered. And what is said above is true as far as she is probably not eligible for KWPN or Han with that breeding.
However, if the OP just wants this foal for herself, I recommend to still pick a registry and see if she can get the mare approved for breeding, even if the foal only had pink papers. If the OP likes Dutch stallions, try and do that inspection.
Papers are important but main mare books are only important for breeding stock. Pink papers or aux will do for a gelding or a performance mare.[/QUOTE]

About the registration–I don’t particularly care about books. I am not breeding for any reason other than to produce something that I can personally bring along. If the horse is nice, and has the talent to go far, I don’t care what standing the mare has. Again, this will not be taking place for at least another year or two–just trying to find something compatible to my horse. Of course I would like to have her approved in as good a standing as possible but if that’s not possible, so be it.

Here is the link to the AHS mare approval requrements:
https://hanoverian.org/mare-inspection-requirements/

“Certain domestically foaled non-Hanoverian warmblood mares are eligible for AHS inspection and possible entry into the AHS Main Studbook pending pedigree approval by the Central Office.”

Diamond Hit looks to me like he will be the best choice but I’ll keep looking around. Thanks to everyone for the info and input. I will check out the breeding forum mentioned–sounds like it will be helpful.

well if you are looking for seize, Diamond Hit is a bit of a risk. Otherwise he is great!! I had a very nice filly by him

The key word in your quote is “certain”. Hugh is pretty picky about what outside mares the AHS accepts, and they would certainly not accept an unregistered mare.

TupeloHoney, there are 2 pieces to the process here. Your mare needs to first be registered herself. Then she can be approved for breeding, either by her “birth” registry or by others, depending on their requirements and what stallion you select. Unfortunately I agree with DownYonder, if this 10yo mare has truly never been registered, and you are not referring only to mare approval, you will be hard pressed to start that process now. However, it’s worth doing the leg work to create a track-able pedigree document. I understand that you’re breeding for yourself, but what happens if your circumstances change and you need to market the horse you have created?