Unlimited access >

Dressage T-Bar Calfskin Leathers

Like Lorilu said the t-bar style have a hole at the top you can clip it into. My Conway buckles can’t but since I’m using endurance stirrups I don’t run them up anyway.

I have the kind without the t-bar. I take them off after each ride, clip them together at the top of the leather with a carabiner, and hang them up with the bridle.

Ok next question, how do you determine the size you need? For example the Bates Luxe options are 24” or 28”. Is that the middle length option? The longest they go?

I haven’t used my Bates yet, but the size I purchased is 2/80. Not sure how that relates to inches. I’m 5’2 and ride with a bit of a shorter length leg. I will say the Bates leather is not nearly as nice/soft as the Frank Blaine’s or the Prestige.

2 Likes

Apologies if I missed it, but does anyone have experience with the Equipe mono calfskin leathers? They also make wider, fender style mono leathers that I’m interested in trying. I was thinking of getting those, or possibly the Erreplus ones mentioned above. I do really like how the Erreplus comes in “cacao” (light brown) which will probably match up nicely with my new saddle, though the brown Equipe ones don’t look too horribly dark.