Unlimited access >

Dressage Trainers in ST. Louis, MO area...recommendations needed!

Hi!
New to the forums, so hopefully I’ll post this correctly…
I’ve seen this question asked several times but the answers are always PM’s, so I’m going to have to bother you and ask again so I can get an answer :wink:
I just recently relocated to the St. Louis area and want to begin riding again after about a year off. Looking around desperately on the internet for Dressage Trainers. I’ve visited the SLADS site and have noted several trainers that “look” good and are fairly close to where I live in St. Charles, but what I’m really looking for are some actual recommendations from real people not just little FB reviews. I do not currently have a horse, as I was forced to sell him when I left Utah (2 out of state moves ago), so I’m looking to take lessons at first then hopefully have the trainer help me find a new horse to purchase. I’d then board with them and probably do part time training. I don’t have to have a high-level trainer, as I’m only probably a 1st level rider at this time, but someone who perhaps goes to Prix St. George would be good. Also, I have to work on a strict “husband induced” monthly equine budget, so I can’t be throwing around thousands every month for eventual board and training. Any suggestions/recommendations would be great!
Thanks!

Debbie Hubbard. Lake St. Louis Stables. 636-625-1854. She has been a long time friend. I had a horse with her andqualified for Regionals. She knows what she’s doing.

In addition to Debbie, I would also recommend Epique Equestrian, I think they just have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Epique-Equestrian-LLC/192807884102401
They have a nice, young trainer that has been with them for a few years and does a very good job and they host regular clinics with very good clinicians. I am not sure if the location is too far, but I would contact them and meet the trainer and look at the facility. There is not a lot in St. Louis, more I would not recommend than recommend…it is more is a hunter jumper area than dressage.

[QUOTE=Cookiewoo;8291666]
Debbie Hubbard. Lake St. Louis Stables. 636-625-1854. She has been a long time friend. I had a horse with her andqualified for Regionals. She knows what she’s doing.[/QUOTE]

Pam Davies at Royal Oaks is also good, and I second Debbie Hubbard at LSL Stables. Mari Jebens is another one out that way at Griffin Farms.

Thank you for the replies everyone! I will be contacting these recommendations…wish me luck :wink: