Unlimited access >

Dressage Working Student

I am about to graduate from college and would like to continue my dressage education with my second level mare. As you can imagine, looking for a working student position is challenging, and largely depends on who you know. I would like to stay within the northwest, as it would make the most logistical sense for me at this point. However, given the right opportunity I would go beyond that if I could bring my horse. Keeping my horse and continuing our education together is what is most important to me. If anyone can recommend a trainer, program, or general direction I can explore, I would love to check it out! Thanks!

What’s the northwest limits :wink:

Oregon, Washington, California, Montana, Idaho (my current location), Colorado, Arizona, Utah. I’m pretty open to the possibilities, haha! Oregon and Washington are at the top of my list, I must admit.

[QUOTE=Tezcatlepoca;7567594]
Oregon, Washington, California, Montana, Idaho (my current location), Colorado, Arizona, Utah. I’m pretty open to the possibilities, haha! Oregon and Washington are at the top of my list, I must admit.[/QUOTE]

I watched the mare video and thought desert area Washington (maybe) - didn’t realize that climate extended into Idaho :o
(or maybe it doesn’t :lol: )

You might try riding in clinics with individuals you’re seriously interested in approaching, definitely audit to get a feel for coaching style, meet & chat.

Yeah, I’ve put a few feelers out there in that regard, and my trainer(s) are helpful in making those connections.

My mare and I are very tired of our Idaho climate :slight_smile: But a job is a job after all.

There is a working students for dressage group on Facebook that get some wonderful opportunities posted on it.

[QUOTE=joiedevie99;7567646]
There is a working students for dressage group on Facebook that get some wonderful opportunities posted on it.[/QUOTE]

How is it specifically listed? I looked through facebook groups but couldn’t seem to come up with anything.

[QUOTE=Tezcatlepoca;7567663]
How is it specifically listed? I looked through facebook groups but couldn’t seem to come up with anything.[/QUOTE]

WorkingStudents4Dressage

Found it :wink: Thanks!

Mette Rosencrantz is looking.
She’s in Topanga Canyon at Mill Creek Equestrin Center. So Cal

I know of one good program looking for a WS…but you’d have to come to Virginia.

too bad you are not on the left coast. There is a nice dressage barn near us looking for quality working students. if you are willing to travel look up
outfoxed Farm, Chester, ny
good luck

I once knew a girl from Washington who switched coasts to be a WS in So.Pines…if you’re really after it, you might consider it. She went on to be very, very successful.