Driving show last weekend

So I hauled my horses 18 hrs to Oregon to show in the Inavale CDE… We had a blast pics here http://wwc.photoreflect.com/pr3/thum...aspx?e=6875246

number 45 is me.

Came in first overall was 2nd in dressage, 2nd in marathon (but beat the pair in front of me from dressage) went into cones with a .02 point lead:-) And went double clean. Very proud of my young horse. To perform after a long haul like that was just great. The older horse was, of course, a trooper. We did Red, white and blue for our country on Sunday cones day:-)

Diane

the link isn’t working… :frowning:

Beaming for you!!! But the link didn’t work for me either.

Congratulations ~~~

Okay try this
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=6875246

Then I was number 45 Kastama

Link must have changed.
Was just at a show this last weekend, Driven Dressage only, placed 1st in FEI with my single horse.

Diane

#^@!Y@&!*

you have to log in to see

Can’t you just click on the continue button? worked on my other computer…

OMG… GORGEOUS. I’m not sure who I like better though :wink: the horses or the dog :slight_smile: How big are your equines? I’m trying to wrap my brain around how you put to carriage by yourself. I’ve read some of your other posts, and I believe you are probably more able in your chair than I am on my feet.

I hope you don’t mind, but you are my hero of the month. and maybe next month too.

You are an inspiration. Congrats to you, you look beautiful.

Just WOW!!! You’ll go broke getting prints made - they’re all fabulous!

Thanks, the boys are always so handsome:-) The horse on the Left (if you are sitting behind and driving) is George a 6 year old 15 hd Welsh cob Gelding very much a baby. Then there is Rupert and he is a 14 year old 15.2 hd Welsh Cob Gelding. Both are Section D’s. Rupert is a Saint, I also drive him single at the FEI level.

I always have someone help when I drive it really is the only safe way, so either my Dad, or I have a friend that is learning the sport and she comes and helps me drive a couple times a week. But I can harness and hook myself. I have custom carriages(single and pair) that make it easy for me to get in and out of them.

Where there is a will there is a way.
Diane Kastama

What’s Section D? Not a pony person…

But they are GORGEOUS. And I can’t get over how fabulous you are in the first pics - it looks incredibly authentic!

Very pleasing looking turnout and what a nice pair of Welsh cobs.

You’ll need to get yourself posting over on the driving threads.

Great pictures and such a keen pair! I especially love the marathon shots (love the one of you guys going down into the water) … but hey, I event, so of COURSE I love those the most!
Congrats!!!

I’m sure others know more but Section D Welsh Cobs are > then 14.2 with no upper limit in size. Section C’s are >13.2 and upper limit 14.2.

I only ended up with cobs by a fluke and if I had known about the hair I might have not ended up with them. I have to body clip pretty much year round… Rupert was imported from England… George is a California bred Cob (both his parents were 14.1 and Section C’s but he got bigger…)

I get enough of driving threads in person:-) My goal is to get more people driving if at all possible and they aren’t on the driving threads LOL…

My up and comming horse is a 2 year old Dutch Harness Horse/ quarter horse cross and absolutly gorgeous…

On the pics I love the cones pics with the red white and blue for the 4th of July…
Diane Kastama

Video from helmet cam on hazards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGjWXdLpRE

Lovely pictures, and the helmet cam was awesome!

Congratulations!