Unlimited access >

Dutch Dressage Team Goes "Full Orange"

I see what you’re saying, but while rollkur (which some may say is arguable about this team) may be abusive, scary might not be the right word. “Scary” invokes an image of riders beating with whips and spurs or horses doing dangerous things like rearing.

A bit like one person tennis. Great serve, shame there is no return. Love all.

2 Likes

ohhh…ok. Rollkur. I thought they were done with that, years ago?

Didn’t you know almost all the Olympians ride with rollkur and the Dutch are the worst? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

ETA: I kid, but I swear I’ve seen almost every top rider be accused of it, even Charlotte. I haven’t studied the Dutch riders closely enough recently, but they certainly have their own style with their horses being so free through the shoulder.

4 Likes

On the actual topic though, as someone who would love someday to do a tasteful “Frozen 2” freestyle in a light blue shadbelly with snowflake type accents, I’m glad the rules are changed!

9 Likes

I didn’t mean to come off as aggressive and if I did, I’m sorry.

But yes, rollkur, LDR, Deep Stretching, whatever. To me it’s all heinous treatment of horses and I don’t care if they all do it, it’s wrong. And that was the direction of my comment.

That being said I would prefer not to alter the direction of this topic from orangewear to training practices. Another post can be made.

8 Likes

ok, I agree with you. I honestly thought they were done with all that, I don’t follow the Dutch team at all normally.

1 Like

To clarify, my comment about people thinking all riders use rollkur was not directed at you. It was just meant to be a sarcastic exasperation from oodles of Facebook comments accusing everyone from Anky to Charlotte of using rollkur.

2 Likes

(Combining the sentiments expressed by several posters above to my opinion.) It’s not my personal taste, but I am thrilled to see it. More variety is a good thing as far as I’m concerned, because we need to move away from looking like 19th century butlers and more like athletes.

8 Likes

Dominante XXIX & his human performed a Frozen musical freestyle at Breyerfest 2019. She topped off her normal breeches and boots with an Elsa dress. (Elsa is a Samshield girl, in case you were wondering, lol). Reinforced just how powerful that horse’s extended canter is as you watched her dress billow out almost parallel to the ground. It was awesome!

1 Like

In her honor probably why dutch team wearing orange.

Why the Orange Orders have parades in Northern Ireland, why Princeton University has Nassau Hall, why carrots are Orange.

2 Likes

Isn’t it typical that the dressage forum can’t even agree what to be offended about?

Look! The Dutch team is wearing orange coats! Oh the humanity.

Who cares about orange coats, I care about the Rollkur every single Dutch rider does (even though they don’t) not to mention the rest of the horse abuse that every single Dutch rider is required to do (two horse beatings a week, minimum, to be considered for the team) Don’t let the orange coats distract you from the REAL problem which we can’t talk about because I don’t want to talk about it, dramatic flounce.

24 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Blue tongues wag mightily on the Board.

1 Like

How can you blame every single Dutch rider for using Rollkur? It’s simply not true.

4 Likes

So tell me who doesn’t use Rollkur.

The blue tongue incident involved Patrik Kittel of Sweden.

4 Likes

Yes I know. I was being sarcastic. Still waiting to hear who doesn’t use rollkur.

Omg you can’t make this stuff up but I just crept PK on insta to see if he was at Tokyo….and he is but this horse goes by the video on his story and well that looks like RK

Wasn’t a moment in time either because it’s a video and the horse goes by like that :upside_down_face:

3 Likes