Unlimited access >

Dutch Dressage Team Goes "Full Orange"

5 Likes

I love it! It should be a joy to watch.

2 Likes

It’s never a joy to watch them ride.

11 Likes

Ah, you daring Dutch team, you Orange blossom specials you!

You should consider having this music for a freestyle. It could work… I can see some extended trot work as well as tempis , piaffe , and passage.
Not cool enough music for you? You will be dressed in an Orange tailcoat. Own it ! (somehow) :laughing:.

2 Likes

Is this a comment about their coats or their riding?

Ick. I guess they think their riding isn’t good enough to make them stand out. Now people won’t remember these performances for their quality, but rather for the loud, garish tailcoats. Sad to see them stoop so low.

1 Like

omg why the hate, I LOVE the orange jackets! Although I’m biased since my xc colours are orange…

23 Likes

I can’t tell if you are joking :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not fond of the color Orange for myself, but I’m delighted to see the Dutch embracing the rule change. Definitely looking forward to seeing more color in dressage!

9 Likes

I’m no fan of their riding but that aside the rule I’d like to see changed is that riders are permitted to dress like athletes in summer heat. The overdressing for heat is ridiculous.

13 Likes

I guess, instead of walking in and yelling ANKY we can yell ORANGE COATS, :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Perhaps this relaxing of the colour rule is the first step towards getting to athletically appropriate garb.

8 Likes

You know what they say: Orange is the new black.

33 Likes

@Brown_Derby for the win!!!

6 Likes

Orange is not a personal favourite colour but having just watched a video of the Dutch Team collecting their Olympic uniforms, the coats do look smart. Orange with black collar, black buttons and black tips. With white breeches and black boots it is all quite snappy and certainly recognisable.

13 Likes

They can go trick-or-treating after.

10 Likes

Well the riding IS scary.

2 Likes

Please…tell us more?

2 Likes

Why? I won’t convince you. You won’t convince me. If you aren’t already aware, google it. If you watched the rides and see nothing wrong that leaves you lots of time to look at jacket colors.

7 Likes

??? I’m curious what you are talking about. I have no idea…that’s why I asked. Why so hostile. You come on this thread and say the riding is scary and then want to be argumentative when someone asks why? Why?

8 Likes