Dutch harness horse drama. Update major mare/ foal neglect Nov 2023 post 1782 Update Kate Shearer responds post 1930 Nov 25/23

Don’t leave out Cracker Jill. Lol

4 Likes

This person has some social problems of long standing. I don’t think we are helping her; you can’t make someone want to understand or change. I believe I’ll excuse myself here.

11 Likes

I just saw that product in a store for the first time not long ago. I had no idea it even existed. How long has that been around??

4 Likes

I’m not sure but it’s here to stay. I think, and I could be wrong, but I think they even make Jane Walker Whiskey now. A play on Johnny Walker . Times are a changing.

2 Likes

Wow, really? Interesting.

2 Likes

Just googled. 2022. Opening day of MLB (Major League Baseball) season.

3 Likes

I prefer “Caucasian Jack”. It’s 100% less offensive.

9 Likes

Thank you for posting. I went down the Google rabbit hole and learned something new today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually i prefer the term “honky”

3 Likes

Please tell me the difference between Cracker Jack and cracker Jill is that cracker Jill doesn’t have any peanuts…

31 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly!!! It’s like reading a vindictive child speaking. Plus, ending everything with …lol. or bahahaha. 17 years old, max.

12 Likes

There are a few posters on the board that end nearly every post like that. Makes me grit my teeth.

2 Likes

Lol. Good one!!

1 Like

I have SUCH a bad habit of doing this. It’s been from years of having to add that on to the end because otherwise my tone can come across as harsher than I meant. I try to do it less though.

10 Likes

Yep agreed! I think it comes from those of us who were the first internet users too. Before emojies we used lol and hahaha.

I love my hahaha and it’s not going anywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I don’t think it an odd notion at all. Animals can and do form special attachments. May not be as complex or ambiguous as what humans feel and what motivates them to form those attachments surely differs. But that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a real phenomenon. And it certainly isn’t 100% sexually motivated, either:
Friends of ours have a big, chill male cat that lives mainly outdoors. They recently added a male “cat-let” (not exactly a kitten, more a teenager) to the family. Indoor kitty. He escaped from the house. They searched frantically for several hours (they live in Ocean City with all the out-of-town beach traffic and a zillion hazards and hiding spots). Finally saw him but he bolted from them in fear. Fortunately, big kitty swooped in to the rescue. He apparently went looking for the kitten, herded him home and back safely into the house.
Big old Tom cat and totally unrelated adolescent male kitten. He obviously had some motivation for his actions. Be it some sort of paternalistic instincts, recognition of his humans’ distress…something.

16 Likes

The “correct” term for this creature is catten. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

1 Like

@Paint_Party

1 Like