Unlimited access >

Eagle pro six system vs. Equiband sysytem

Hi all!
I am rehabbing a horse that suffered a hind end injury. My vet recommended these systems to add to our rehab program. The goal is to help this horse track more straight behind as to minimize the risk of re-injury. Anyone have expierence with the Eagle pro six? I have not seen much in reviews on the product. I have seen some reviews on here about the equiband.
This will be used in conjunction with a complete rehab and training plan. Just looking to see peoples thoughts! Thanks!

http://equicoreconcepts.com/system.html
https://www.epmrehab.com

Absolutely love my Equiband system! The Eagle Pro Six looks similar, but much beefier…don’t know if that’s better or worse, but I do like the look of the wider more robust bands. My Equibands tend to get a little bunched up and then start wearing at the buckles. But I do love the ability to warm up a horse in it and then unclip the buckles and continue the ride without having to remove or alter any of my other tack.

Personally, the $220 (Equiband) vs $284 (EPS) price tag is probably enough to sway me to go back to Equiband if I were to order another system.

1 Like

I use the Equibands as does probably 2/3 of my barn. I agree with PNW, it’s really nice to be able to unclip and continue on. I don’t dismount to remove the bands. I often don’t even completely remove the bands–just flip them up over the back behind the saddle and re-clip (not every horse would probably tolerate this, but I am lazy and my horse doesn’t care).

I am not sure for your goals what benefit the full body wrap would have. One thing I like about the Equicore is that it doesn’t involve the front end or the head at all.

Thank you for your replies! I agree with both of you. I like the robust build of the eagle pro, but not the front end involvement. I feel that could affect his gait in not wanting to stride out in front. I also love the idea of taking it off after a warm up without getting off. So thank you for the extra info. I am glad to hear you both like the sytem, as I intend to use it like you two have.

I’ve never seen the EPS system before, but multiple vets have recommend the Equiband.

Side note, does anyone know the resistance level of the bands? Are they the same as the black Thera-bands for humans? Seen here: https://www.prohealthcareproducts.com/blog/theraband-colors-sequence-resistance-levels/

I’ve never seen the EPS one before, but multiple vets have recommended the Equicore to me.

Side note, does anyone know the resistance of the equicore bands? Are they equivalent to the black thera-bands for human use? https://www.prohealthcareproducts.com/blog/theraband-colors-sequence-resistance-levels/

Back in the day we jerry-rigged polo wraps to accomplish what the equiband does. Interesting that someone made a prettier product to do the same thing.

The other contraption is a bit different and I would probably buy that one and use the polo wrap option.

1 Like

Vicki Wilson uses a band too - a simple wrap. I also have the Equicore system. Huge price difference. What would we say about effectiveness between the two?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-lp1a5X_gM

That looks quite reasonable for how i use the bands the majority of the time with my horse. One thing it is missing from the Equicore is the belly band. And I wouldn’t want to have one needing quite a bit of tension with it also wrapped around the neck like that. Some
of my friends that use the Equicore have progressed to using fairly firm tension on the bands as needed for their horses.

I wonder also a little bit about slipping depending on tack and the horse’s conformation.

How frequently do you incorporate the band systems into your system? I’m just wondering if you have found an ideal schedule, particularly when building strength for a young horse growing towards their first show season. Do you incorporate the lunge/equiband sessions on flat or hack days or ???

… I’m wondering if this is a missing part of the puzzle in my schedule …

Hi sorry. I havent been on in a while so I will update. I ended up with the equicore system. I like the idea of riding and removing as well as the concerns of the other system with the neck and shoulder involvement.
With his injury I actually started using it every day so that he would track correctly and just ride for short periods. He is now doing great. So I have incorporated it as resistance for my hack days as we have no hills. I also use it for dressage/flat schooling warm ups. I will walk him in it and do a bit of trot to encourage the connection then remove it without dismounting and continue on our schooling. He has never felt better.

1 Like

I like the ProSix. The reason I prefer it is because it addresses the whole body. I see more cadence and rhythm between the front and hind because of the continuous loop that encircles the front to the back end of the horse. I personally see horses over-striding on the hind with the equicore type systems. The horses seem to hop a little on the front to get out of the way of the over-striding hind.