Unlimited access >

ear bonnets in dressage

OK–I do NOT like them. I think they look tacky and out of place, particularly at world championship level… ear bonnets and a shadbelly? blech.

I hope they are dis-allowed in the future.

so there! <g>

anyone else?

Thank You!

I think they look completely out of place! I have never liked the look of them. I can understand their use to keep cotton balls in, but still…

I do like them but also and more importantly, they are there to serve a purpose. I think I recall that you have been to Aachen in the summer season… do you remember the irritating biting gnats, bugs and flys? They drive me nuts! It isn’t only Aachen but in general all over in the spring summer and autumn there are biting things that are distracting to the horses and why should they have to put up with the irritation while they are working so hard. We have the zillion swarm gnats here at LAEC as well. I think they are quite stylish for a bug mask! :winkgrin:

[QUOTE=physical.energy;1844183]
I do like them but also and more importantly, they are there to serve a purpose. I think I recall that you have been to Aachen in the summer season… do you remember the irritating biting gnats, bugs and flys? They drive me nuts! It isn’t only Aachen but in general all over in the spring summer and autumn there are biting things that are distracting to the horses and why should they have to put up with the irritation while they are working so hard. We have the zillion swarm gnats here at LAEC as well. I think they are quite stylish for a bug mask! :winkgrin:[/QUOTE]

I agree. It’s not like they are using them to be fashionable. There is no way in hell I could concentrate if I had bugs flying in and out of my ears!! :wink:

oh come on…Im not talking about schooling or debating the reasons for ear-nets, nose nets, head nets or anything else.

Im talking about the World Equestrian Games, shadbellies, top hats, and 7 minutes in an arena set in the middle of one of the world’s greatest jumping stadiums.

where’s the icon for smiley face and why cant I add one here as opposed to the top of the post? <g>

They are allowed?? (No TV here - can’t watch!)

I’ve noticed that the nose - fly nets are now allowed (not at FEI levels, however) for eventing - as long as they don’t cover the horse’s mouth.