Unlimited access >

Economical riding boots?

My daughter is in desperate need of some economical riding boots. I got scammed buying boots from a company that advertised on FB. The boots were supposed to be the Flexi-Gaiter boots, but in reality are a very cheap knock off without appropriate heels for riding and poor quality in addition. We chose this style because the low boot portion looked like it would accommodate her foot & the half-chaps that attached to the low boot would protect her inner calf. My daughter likes the look of tall boots, but has a wide/tall foot that makes fitting her kind of difficult—especially if the ‘opening’ of the shoe/boot isn’t wide and/or flexible. I can’t really spend more than $100 or so. We aren’t showing or doing anything intensive, just trail riding & maybe a parade eventually. We ride in synthetic AP/close contact saddles (Wintec & Thorowgood).

1 Like

I like the Ariat endurance boots. Under $100.00 and look good with half chaps. Also look at paddock boot that are synthetic. Is there a tack shop near you. Oftentimes they have used boots for sale

2 Likes

Also, if you know her correct size and measurements for boots/half chaps, you can often find deals on Ebay. Make sure you look at the seller’s rating. Many tack shops also sell these on Ebay and there is buyer protection if you pay via PayPal. I got my new Tredstep tall leather boots for $99 with free shipping that way.

1 Like

Take a look at the Horze Wexford Paddock boot. They are available lot of places online and under $50. You may have to search a bit to find them in her size. I too have a wider foot and am very particular about comfort. I loved these from the moment I put them on and found they run true to size.

1 Like

Seconding eBay, I got some ariat paddock boots, barely worn for $50.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been looking on FB Marketplace. I’ll check eBay too.

If you are interested at all in a tall boot, Country and Stable has Toggi Calgary boots on sale for $66, regularly $190. They are a ‘country boot’ style, wide footbed with rounded toe, come in wide or regular calf with a zipper up the back. I have just bought a second pair- first ones are 3 yrs old and still in great shape but I want another pair for non-riding. Extremely comfortable and well made with oiled leather for longevity and waterresistance.

1 Like

Also try Facebook groups if you are in a decently populated area, not just facebook marketplace. We have several local tack swap and sales FB groups. You can always post an ISO too, people just have stuff sitting around sometimes they are willing to sell if someone is seeking, but never think to post it!

1 Like