Unlimited access >

Eczema -- favorite creams?

My older son has had eczema his whole life, usually on his hands. He’s tried a number of things, but I am wondering if anyone here has go-to’s they really like? Even from the horse aisle, I do not care! I was wondering about Manuka Honey, Tea Tree oil… anything… ???

Egyptian Magic

Adding to say any long term treatment for eczema comes from within

Say what???

Forget it.

I only get it on my feet/ elbows, for whatever reason, but baby oil after I shower has worked best for me.

I like Eucerin Eczema Relief. It isn’t greasy like some other creams I’ve tried. I get some on my hands, elbows, and back of the neck.

1 Like

Glysolid, fragrance free, preservative free and fragrance free has been my go to for 20 years. It Contains a high percentage of water-binding glycerine. Unfortunately I can only find it on-line and order it from California. It’s considered a cosmetic by Canada customs so is taxable. I have to pay customs and the difference in the Canadian dollar, and still feel it’s cost effective. Fragrance free Glysomed is effective and available locally.
I’m able to source goats milk soap from a local dairy goat farm.
good luck.

1 Like

I started using Gramp Lyford’s Country Salve years ago. I had a problem with my fingers getting very dry and cracking. Painful, and I was using skin glue and tried every cream I could find . I was in a healthcare equipment store and one of the staff suggested it. She used it for eczema on her hands. It worked and I haven’t had any problems for decades.

https://gramplyfordsalve.com/contact-us/

1 Like

I’ve been battling some eyelid eczema since last August.

My doctor suggested an OTC cortisol cream this January and that kept the itching/burning and peeling down but I wasn’t seeing improvement overall. I didn’t want to use the cortisol long term. So I switched to using some Eucerin eczema cream then putting Aquaphor over it for a few weeks. This month I switched to Aquaphor only.

The eczema is almost gone! And this was after sweating buckets and wiping my face at a show all weekend.

When my youngest gets dry, chapped hands in the wintertime I put Aquaphor on the back of his hands before he goes to sleep and his skin bounces back after a day or two so that’s what made me think of using it for the eczema.

1 Like

I get it bad on the tops of my hands and feet. I found that good old bag balm works really well. As soon as I feel a bout of it coming, I slather my hands and feet and cover with socks/gloves before bed. It’s usually enough to stop it dead. If the eczema is already really bad it might take 2-3 days to get it completely under control.

1 Like