Unlimited access >

Egale dam line

Is anyone familiar with the EGALE dam line ? I am trying to learn more about my mare’s dam line. I love her brain & her mom consistently produced great minds.

I did find: https://www.horse2rider.com/seneste/latest/2018/8/26/110000-euros-top-price-for-colt-by-marc-cain-at-old-elite-foal-auction-yesterday

Then D’eglite is from Egale

tia

I’m not familiar, but I found a bit more about it written up here: https://www.romannostud.co.uk/all-horses/performance-mares/ and here: https://www.superiorequinesires.com/degalite/

If you go to your horse’s pedigree on Horsetelex you can click on “Show Mareline” (shows up on the top next to “Show Descendants” and you can see the whole line and click on each horse for information. You could also reach out to the Oldenburg studbook and see what information they can share with you. Most studbooks keep track of marelines and will often share data with members.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond ! I will definitely reach out to the Oldenburg studbook as well. I do remember the breeder telling me that her dam was accepted into some prestigious ‘studbook’.

Would you be willing to share her pedigree here or by private message? I do a lot of bloodline research and while I’m not as knowledgeable about dressage bloodlines, I’d be happy to do a bit of digging on other names in her damline if that is something you’d be interested in.

I would LOVE that !! She is currently at WEC Ocala for the derbies again. She did '22 and '23 which is how this whole ‘breeding’ bloodlines thing started. I had people coming out of the woodwork wanting to lease her for breeding, buying embryos etc. I was caught off guard. I know very little about WB breeding. She just finished showing there & is being prepared for ICSI bc I have a lovely girl buying 2 embryos for two '25 foals with two diff. EU studs.
I will pm you with a copy of her pedigree. Sincerely appreciate your offer !!

Sent you a reply, and apologies - I saw your message first and only just saw this so I’ve asked you a question you’ve already answered here about whether you had considered breeding her! Disregard that part of my message!

OP, are you looking for this Egale?

https://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/15295/egale-iii

Edited to add that please be very careful if you are considering leasing her out for breeding. There are some unscrupulous people out there who are breeding the s*** out of mares via ICSI and embryo transfer and not taking good care of the mares or foals. There is a big thread on the H/J forum about one of them.

Oh thank you very much !!! It will NEVER happen !! She doesn’t leave my hands unless I know for a fact the care meets my criteria & I am uber particular & not to toot my own horn, but I am quite knowledgeable with care including vet stuff. I had my own farm for 14 yrs. And, to be honest, I’m a nerd. lol but I totally appreciate your looking out for us.
That has only happened twice e.g. with current trainer & Tommy Serio for baby green. But, I am back & forth A LOT. I lease a place in Ocala. (for me!). Ella is with my trainer.

Oh NO worries at all !!! I was at barn w/crumby signal & then my phone wouldn’t allow me to log in. grrrrr…

I think the person being discussed in that big H/J thread also leases property in the Ocala area. Just keep your antennae up if someone starts bugging you about using your mare for repeated ICSI breedings - it’s not an easy process for the mare, esp. to have to endure it repeatedly.

Thank you SO much !! This mare goes nowhere. She stays in my hands; period. This is the first ICSI & might be her last. I may pull later ?? I will be present when anything is done. We all need to look out for each other. Been in this biz 30+ yrs. You can only imagine what I’ve seen. Genuinely appreciate your warning !!

I forgot to click link :crazy_face: I will see if Ella’s breeder would know. I have Ella’s pedigree but the Egale line is older is my understanding so this could be it ? I will do some research too & see if I can determine. Thank you !!!

I think that’s it e.g. her dam line !! Thank you !!! I tried a search & got nothing but I’m prob. not doing it right. But, thanks again !!! I can show this to the girl buying the embryos. She said she couldn’t find, but I have no idea how adept and/or familiar she is with Telex etc.

Cheers !
Karen

When you go to that link for Egale III in HorseTelex and click Show Descendants, it lists 10 offspring. Click on the one that is in your mare’s pedigree and then do the same thing - Show Descendants. If you keep following that process, it may or may not eventually reflect your mare - if it does, you should have been able to find Egale III by going in the reverse direction. IOW, search using your mare’s registered name and then follow her damline back as far as you want.

Beat in mind that all offspring of a horse may not have been entered into the Horse Telex database, particularly if they were sold out of the European area. Also, that database is not 100% accurate because it allows people with accounts there to add/edit, etc. - and sometimes their input is wrong.

Got it !!! I am doing that right now. Soooo interesting…I might get down this rabbit hole & have no idea where I am. lol

Totally understand if the database is 100% since relying on accurate input.