electroacupuncture

Anyone tried electro-acupuncture?

was trying EMS, but I can’t always feel/respond to the stimulus, so my therapist thought I should try electro-acupuncture.

I have used it on horses with success…but not sure about on myself. Would be doing neck and upper back.

Booked for next Tuesday. Had regular acupuncture today.

Oh yes, yes, yes I love it! I have a recurring issue with one of my ovaries that tends to involve the muscles in my entire back so I feel kind of bruised/sore. The electroacupunture works great to reduce inflammation and pain. I always joke with him that I need to be “electroshocked” and that the thing looks like a fence tester, which he doesn’t get. It makes the funniest noise! I get traditional acupuncture, too, but this particular problem of mine responded best to the electroacu. Best of luck to you!

Been getting it for a chronic achilles tendonitis for a little over a year. I had had the tendonitis for about 5 months before going for accupuncture. I go every 4-5 weeks. At first the treatment lasted 4ish weeks. Usually the last few days, it would start to get sore. I’ve noticed the last couple of months that I do not have any pain and it is not even getting sore the last few days. The last few treatments other things were bothering me like my back. He has been treating that in addition to my achilles. This next time when I go in he is going to work on my knees which are starting to complain. He also occasionally does moxibustion (sp?)on some of the needles.

Can someone fill me in on what it is? My take, is acupuncture needles that are hooked up to something like jumper cables and then zapped?

Does this work on herniated disc’s?

I’m having my first acupuncture therapy session in the next month and can’t wait! My dr. has also put me on a waiting list for a treatment(can’t remember the name) that has a Dr. stick metals needles into my spine and around the discs and into the nerves then zaps them! But the wait is almost a year:(. And it sounds a lot like the treatment above…

MissJ, Yes it is sort of like jumper cables. They have a little box that has several cables on it and they hook them up to several of the needles on the area being treated. The box has a dial on it and they start the impulse on really low and turn it up so you can just feel it pulse. I would think it would probably help with your back at least some. I have had him work on my lower back, middle back(just below shoulder blade level) and upper back/neck with good results. I don’t have any known disc issues. I’ll be interested to see how it works for my sore knees.

Electro is evil!! My body reacted severely, muscles swelled like I was a juice head and they HURT. Was done by one of the top in the country.
It turned me off of acupuncture til one of my horses benefitted from it. Lying on the table for 20 minutes is worthit

Rugbygirl scared me by saying it is the most painful thing she has done…

But…I make one of the horses get it, so I shouldn’t be a hypocrite right?

Big fear is pain at the time.

Secondary fear is that it will wake up parts of me I currently can’t feel…and the lack of feel with be replaced by pain as this is what regular acupuncture seems to do.

Figure I should try it once though…right?