Unlimited access >

Endurance bred Arabians for dressage?

I’ve been trying to help amplify the Shagya promotion whenever I can. Last year derailed a bunch of stuff, but I am hopeful that I can do more to help promote Shagyas both personally and via an organization that promotes Shagyas along with other Arabian-bred horses.

I’m also hoping that I can breed one of my Shagya approved Arab mares to a suitable stallion within the next few years. My Shagya approved Arab stallion already has several Shagya foals on the ground and one more to be bred this year at least.

1 Like

That’s fantastic - can’t wait to hear fore about them!!!

LOL I have a Lapco baby whom has a stellar personality. I’m currently working on dressage riding with him but hope to do more in the future. Super fast learner and really does well when given the chance. He does have a tendency to want to rush through things and think for me, but guess that’s the nature of the breed.

Little does he know I get bored with things faster than he does so he won’t out think me :smiley: I kid. I friggin love my horse.

More info on him is that he’s polish racing lines, current height at 15.1 hh.

2 Likes

Very quality lady you have there, wow

1 Like

If you are in the west it may worth a visit to Keenridge. Hilda has an impeccable Arabian stallion going at GP and I don’t think his offspring cost such an arm and a leg like the warmbloods. She’s also very open to having visitors audit her teaching, the farm is just all around wonderful and Hilda is a great host.

Aleros! Here he is with Hilda in a Freestyle

USDF has his most recent competition in 2017. He did 22 regular GP tests and 20 Freestyles from 2015 through 2017 with very respectable scores.

Thank you very much, @NSC_Los_Angeles! I feel very lucky to have her.

2 Likes