Unlimited access >

Entries - Perk of Entering on Time

I was scanning the eventing calendar and saw Carolina was offering a perk for entering the event early.

New This Year : ALL entries received in full, with payment on Opening Day will receive a $50 discount on the entry fee and a $50 discount on stabling. Entries received in full, with payment on or before February 6, will receive a 7-day extension for scratching without penalty.

I hardly ever enter on opening day, but for $100/off I certainly would. This event is a bit pricier just logistically it lasts longer and is a further drive. But such a nice event. $100 off would probably even it out to the cost of a less destination horse trial. I wish more events would offer this option!

It has been noticed by one! Maybe I’ll add it to my calendar next year.

Unfortunately we are pass both days, but still relevant to know

11 Likes

That’s so smart! Wish I was on the right coast…

Cool idea! I almost like the scratch extension more than the $100 off. I’m in Area 1 so rarely stable overnight but the scratch extension would be so nice (as a rider of an issue/injury prone horse :sweat_smile:).

8 Likes

I agree!! I think the scratch extension would be a great incentive for more events to add.

Wow says the gray haired retired eventer. Back in my day if you didn’t have your complete entry postmarked opening day, you did not get in. And you might end up on the draw list anyway. Things have certainly changed.

5 Likes

Times have really changed! I have fond memories of bolting to the post office the morning of opening day to get into some of the bigger Area 1 events. At the time, I was not so fond of having to do it - but there was nothing like the sigh of relief and the buzzing anticipation of waiting to hear if you got in!

I think that Carolina’s perks are a hell of a deal. Last minute entries are a logistical nightmare, just saying that from a bumpkin coordinator’s standpoint at a local show level. I cannot imagine having to put together a show of Carolina’s caliber and then deal with the ~100 last minute entries.

2 Likes

bravo, Carolina. Sad I can’t come this year, but will certainly incentivize my entry in the future.

It will be interesting to see if it actually fixes the problem.

1 Like