Unlimited access >

Equestrian barns / communities Tryon NC area

Looking around Tryon / Landrum etc area for future move in 3-ish years. Ideally equestrian community with ring, trail access, others to ride with and my own 5-10 acres for retired horses. I want to own/take care of house, small barn and pasture only. Show horses could live at home or at show barn depending. Drove thru The Traces (?? Barn looked to be owned by 1 house) and by Derbyshire. Not interested in getting to far up Mill Spring area on windy road. Frankly looking for Three Rivers (Aiken) in Tryon area as close to nice grocery and highway as possible. Where should I look?

I think you mean Three Runs Plantation in Aiken. To my knowledge, there’s nothing like that in Tryon. The land doesn’t lend itself to that and the More-and-Outside Money that has come into that area such that anyone could make such a development work is younger.

But I think you could find a farm on one of the trail systems and have most of what you want. IME, there are some drawbacks to living coupled to your neighbors by an HOA, as in Three Runs.

Do you want trail access or do you also want a great ring that’s cared for by the HOA?

Yes, I did mean Three Runs in Aiken. Unfortunately Aiken is a ‘no’ for hubby. The Tryon area fits best. Would like access to trails for my retired horses and access to a decent ring. I have had my own farm in past and will gladly pay for ring care. Also neighbors to share help with and trade off help as needed (Got to isolated on my prior farm). Only found The Traces and Derbyshire when I was looking. Alternatively a farm near show barn. Liked the Tryon and Landrum area best.

Those are the only two places. I live on right outside Derby Shire and I got lucky that my land was for sale. We don’t want anymore subdivisions and the locals fight to keep it that way. We don’t want Tryon to become Wellington. We have lots of hunters here too (fox, deer, etc) so hunting land won’t sell. I like seeing my deer in the mornings. Derby Shire is a nice place. Barn is gorgeous and loads of trail riding.

The best you can do is get land and develop or buy a farm. I’m going to send you a PM to get in touch with a great real estate agent.