Unlimited access >

Equestrian nanny/babysitter opportunity?

Hello all! I am wondering if any of you know of where I might be able to find a job as a babysitter for a family in the hunter/jumper world? I am looking for a job for this summer and would love to be around horses and on the show circuit. I have lots of experience with horses and as a babysitter.

Try asking around your barn. If you’re just looking for a job as a babysitter you can also use websites like care.com and list that you have experience with horses. However, if you’re set on a hunter/jumper family, then I would suggest asking your friends if they know anyone who might need help.

yardandgroom.com has listings

check craigslist or your local newspaper for vacancies of nanny and baby sitter, ask your friends to look up for families who need it,.

I think Lindsay Archer from California just posted looking for a nanny/manager etc. I’ll see if I can find the advertisement.

Elicia Edgar for Edmonton, AB of Valleyfield Farm was looking at one point but not sure the status of her ad. She had an ad up on canadian nanny website.

https://canadiannanny.ca/excellent-canadian-nanny-job-on-a-horse-farm-available-today-lots-of-travel-opportunity-stony-plain-ab Elicia Edgars advertisement

Lindsay Archers ad is on the grooms, jobs and riders relpy here group on facebook
Sunny :sunny: California job opportunity!!!

Nanny/Barn Manager/Flat Rider

Travel from San Diego to Spruce Meadows. Housing and Vehicle Included. Prior childcare experience mandatory. Organizational skills and team attitude a must!!

Private message for more details.

Zombie thread. The original post is from five years ago.

2 Likes

And, as usual, it was a newbie who found it and bumped it. :sigh:

That same newbie bumped a bunch of old threads, several of which were started on the exact same day five years ago. All the signs of a spammer, but no spam. It’s a mystery. :lol:

Whoops, and I even had some good suggestions :lol: