Unlimited access >

Equibase - is the info accurate - looking for history on my new horse

Hi All,

How accurate is the information on equibase.com and equiline.com.

Bought a gelding off the track and am told he last raced 5/27/13 at los alamitos, ca. However, I can’t find any race record beyone 2011 and so far as I can see there was no race meeting at los alamitos on that date. Looking for the info because I’m told his injury was sustained during his last race on 5/27/13 and I want to give accurate information to my vet in terms of the age of his injury.

Appreciate any info.

It should be accurate, however try to verify the name of your horse and the spelling. Many, many horses have names that are not spelled the way you think they should be or are run together for whatever reason. The chances of having to of the same-name horses running in the timeframe you found for the horse who last raced in 2011 would be unusual.

The information at Equibase, which is related to the JC is totally reliable. And Equineline is part of the same system.

Maybe if you give us the horse’s name, someone can dig something up?

Thank you both. His name is ‘Slokkie’. When I look on Equibase it pulls up his record until 2011 but nothing from the past two years. If anyone is willing to try dig up some information, that would be great.

They likely meant 2011. His last race was 5/27/11 at Los Alamitos. He won it and was claimed by trainer Ugo De La Torre.

Oh wow, I didn’t notice that :no: !! Thank you.

I do see a workout for him in May 2013 and on sometime in 2012 but other than that not much info available. I would hope he wasn’t training while lame so it could still be a new injury. Or perhaps an old injury that they’ve allowed to rest then tried to return him to the track, without success. Twice? Irrespective I’ll do my best to rehab him. Knew he was lame but took him to stop him from going to auction and no that I have him home actually really like him.

I just found his photos and video online and the injury. Ouch, poor boy. Having that x-rayed would be a good idea. Very kind of you to take him in.

Thanks jengersnap. He’s scheduled for x-rays, ultra sound and a full lameness workup. Even though he’s very obviously lame on the right hind I’m going to assume that he could also have issues elsewhere, so the vet will be checking him out all over. So far he’s doing really well though. Overall he seems content, packing away more hay than my other two (growing Clydesdales!) combined (he showed up pretty underweight) and very easy to handle (even on the bad leg). He had what was left of his shoes pulled, a good trim, and he’s actually starting to put more weight one the bad leg and the swelling has gone down a tad (thought it was my imagination but husband agrees). Not building up any false hope but pleased with him so far :slight_smile: Fingers crossed he can be more than a pasture buddy but, if not, that’s ok too.

He also has a lot of sores (for example on his hips), one on top of his head (not from the trailer ride), a couple on his face and a few older ones that looks partially healed up. Again, suggests to me he hasn’t been racing. So wish I knew where this guy had been/what he’s been doing for the last two years!