EQUINE ASSISTED THEARPY FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS, NEED HELP

Hi Everyone!
I posted a few months back re my 501c3 Non-Profit that helps wounded warrior families in WA state. One of my new programs finally getting off the ground March 2-3 with a retreat. We have all professional people so it is clinical for our warriors.

Does anyone have or know someone who would like to donate any gently used items listed below:

Surcingle ( vaulting kind)
Hackemore sizes ( English, not mechanical) Arab, Reg, Large
Rainbow Reins ( not plastic, but the English with rubber)
Peacock or brakaway stirrups, Med and Lge

You would receive a tax receipt… Please email me if you do…
Thankyou all !
Janice Buckley

425-931-1047
janice@heartbeatforwarriors.org

You might try calling Horseloverz, I know they have/carry all of the above, because I’ve purchased/am purchasing the same equipment! :wink: I’ve NO idea what they do as far as donations etc., as I’m not quite there yet. Just been purchasing on my own as I can.

State Line Tack also has all of them, and they and Dover are both pretty good about donations. I don’t know if Dover still has vaulting surcingles.

Hope that helps. Very exciting to hear about… Will you give us a ‘report’ when it’s done? :smiley:

EQUINE ASSISTED THERAPY FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS

Hi Pintopiaffe!

Thanks for the info. I acutually just bit the bullet and called Dover and bought everything from them, 2 of each to start and then i can have more time to gather more in donations.

I am pretty excited. I actually have had calls from other states of PT and Social Workers wanting to be involved in their state. I have a great team and it should be fun. This weekend i am having a volunteer training class for the event. We have the hotel and food for the soldiers coming and the Team! I will let you all know and maybe show some pics, if not on here, on my website of the event. We are not allowing media to come to our first one:lol:

Best to you!
Janice
Heartbeat Warrior

Wow, I wish you great success in your work with our some of our VETS.

And Thank You.

Way Cool.

Are you working with or have you contacted the Yellow Ribbon Fund or the Wounded Warrior Project?

Here are links - these orgs may (or may not) be able to give you some guidance or point you to some resources.

http://www.yellowribbonfund.com/

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

These are reputable groups that you may be able to partner with.

Good luck.

Janice,

Have you spoken with Vicki (I think that’s her name) at the VA hospital in Lakewood. She’s one of the recreation coordinators there. I helped out with Warrior Transition Unit getting some soldiers into equine assisted therapy classes while my husband was stationed there and Vicki was a tremendous help when it came to resources and contacts within state and federal organizations. She actually procured funding for two soldiers to take about 6 months of classes.

EQUINE ASSISTED THERAPY FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS

J Swan:
thank you for that info. I actually have contacts with Yellow Ribbon and know a Marine involved in Wounded Warrior Project with TRACK…both of those are non-profits themselves and i would guess trying to raise their own money? I know Yellow Ribbon here was looking for funding. But i will ck it out! thankyou!:slight_smile:

IBW Massage:
First of all thank you for your service to our country! How is your husband doing? you all are at Ft Campbell now?
Are you talking about American Lake VA in Lakewood? i do have some contacts there. I actually went to because we have gotten a grant from them before t he Director of the VA for WA state. When i told them about the program he said there was no money thanks to budget cuts.

I will try to find the lady you spoke of. To my knowledge we are the only ones doing Equine Assisted with the Hippotherapy and EAP. there is one near Lakewood that is Equine Therapy but they charge the soldiers if they can not get the VA to pay. They don’t have a medical team on board. But if you know another one i would love to know:)

Thank you everyone for your support! i would love to put in Equine massage into the curriculum we have now too for multiple reasons but we are taking it one step at a time. I have a couple of wounded soldiers that want to help, which of course melts my heart.:yes:

Janice