Unlimited access >

Equine massage in Southern NH???

I am looking for an equine massage therapist for Southwestern New Hampshire. Does anyone have any recommendations??? I watched one masseuse just the other day and she seemed to know what she was doing. The horse’s owner said that she has seen some improvements and has been using her since October every 2 weeks. I just would like to get more recommendations.

My vet isn’t really into the massage/chiropractor route so she doesn’t have any recommendations.

Also, for a really tight muscled horse have him get a massage before the chiro or after? I don’t think I can do both. And how long before or after? A day, two days?

He was adjusted a few months ago and went a little bonkers (stopped wanting to go forward, crow hopping, pawing at the ground, rearing) then tore a tendon so I haven’t really been able to ride him since September. I have been cleared to sit on him (rather than handwalk) for 25 mins but he is a rodeo show and it definitely seems out of pain rather than a hot, stall rested TB. Sometimes he warms up out of it but others he doesn’t. I think his muscles are pulling him out of alignment. The chiro said that his back was so tight that she could barely adjust him. We did end up u/s his SI and injecting it but this was right when he tore the tendon. If this doesn’t work I am going to have to get a second opinion at a hospital and that is always expensive!

PM sent!

[QUOTE=riopony;7413828]
I am looking for an equine massage therapist for Southwestern New Hampshire. Does anyone have any recommendations??? I watched one masseuse just the other day and she seemed to know what she was doing. The horse’s owner said that she has seen some improvements and has been using her since October every 2 weeks. I just would like to get more recommendations.

My vet isn’t really into the massage/chiropractor route so she doesn’t have any recommendations.

Also, for a really tight muscled horse have him get a massage before the chiro or after? I don’t think I can do both. And how long before or after? A day, two days?

He was adjusted a few months ago and went a little bonkers (stopped wanting to go forward, crow hopping, pawing at the ground, rearing) then tore a tendon so I haven’t really been able to ride him since September. I have been cleared to sit on him (rather than handwalk) for 25 mins but he is a rodeo show and it definitely seems out of pain rather than a hot, stall rested TB. Sometimes he warms up out of it but others he doesn’t. I think his muscles are pulling him out of alignment. The chiro said that his back was so tight that she could barely adjust him. We did end up u/s his SI and injecting it but this was right when he tore the tendon. If this doesn’t work I am going to have to get a second opinion at a hospital and that is always expensive![/QUOTE]

Hi there did you ever find yourself a equine massage practitionrr