Unlimited access >

Equine Research Survey

Hello,

Equine Guelph and the University of Guelph are currently conducting a study on the awareness of current research among members of Ontario’s horse industry (though international responses are welcome!). The study aims to measure who in the equine industry is accessing University of Guelph research, how they are accessing it, and whether the information changes their practices. In order to assess this we are asking members of the industry (riders, athletes, owners, veterinarians, and equine business owners) to complete a short online survey. In it you will be asked about your involvement with the horse-industry and your sources for horse-related information and any experiences with University of Guelph equine research. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary and anonymous and should take no more than 30 minutes. If you are under the age of 18 please seek consent from your parent or guardian before completing this survey.

Below you will find the link to the survey, which contains an information letter describing the project and your role as a participant. I encourage you to read the information letter before completing the survey, and please do not hesitate to contact the research team with any questions you may have. You can contact the principal investigator Professor Jeff Thomason at jthomaso@ovc.uoguelph.ca, or student investigator Erin Massender at emassend@mail.uoguelph.ca.

The survey will close on February 1, 2015.

Thank you very much for your time,

Erin Massender
Research Assistant

Survey Link

I took the survey, although I’m not familiar with the University.

Done!

P.

Thank you to everyone who has participated! Just a reminder, there are only a few weeks left before the survey closes, so if you’d like to participate, please do so soon!

Many thanks,

Erin

I completed the survey. I am Canadian, but not from Ontario. I definitely feel that there is very little access to scientific literature for the average horse owner, I am lucky that I work for a university and therefore have access to the university libraries which carry subscriptions for many veterinary journals.

Just completed. I’ve never heard of this University before.

Done! I am an equine researcher but can’t recall citing any of Guelph’s work.

I’ve heard of the university (maybe everyone on my Maritimes vacation was right, I AM Canadian…seriously, Canadians always think I’m from Ontario. I don’t get it.) I haven’t heard of it in connection with equine research except maybe vaguely in passing.

Thank you for all of the comments, if you’d like to learn more about Equine Guelph (the equine research group at the University of Guelph), you can visit their website: http://www.equineguelph.ca/. There are lots of interesting educational activities like the Colic Risk Rater, Vaccination Planner and Biosecurity Calculator, as well as more information on the University of Gueph research programs.

That being said, for those of you who haven’t had a chance to fill out the survey, there are only two weeks left in the Equine Guelph Research Uptake Survey. Be sure to have your say in informing the communication and research priorities for Ontario equine research! Many thanks to all participants!

Last chance to participate in the Equine research survey! The survey will close on February 1st. If you haven’t already, please take a few minutes to help Equine Guelph and the University of Guelph improve their research communication. Many thanks to all participants!