Unlimited access >

Equine-Specific Software?

For those of you that own or manage equine businesses, do you use any specialized software? By specialized, I mean horse-industry specific such as EquineMax, EquineGenie, PaddockPro, etc (those were the top ones that came up when I googled!)

If so, is it beneficial? Or would a good working knowledge of Excel (and I mean a GOOD working knowledge, not just creating tables), Quickbooks, etc., something that would be more appropriate for a smaller facility? (such as 20 or fewer horses).

I’m writing a paper on the type of software used in my ideal “profession*” and it got me thinking about what those who are actually in the horse business use! I never asked at previous barns, and I don’t know what the current barn owner uses (I do know that she “doesn’t do computers”, so she may just keep books by hand).

*disclaimer: horses are not my current profession. With any luck, further education and hard work, at sometime in the future they may be; I know that it’s crazy and I will probably never make any money! So for now just stick to the software question.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I use Quick Books Pro and purchased an Equine template from an equine accountant online to perfect it. It is easy to use and I can download my bank activity into it. My accountant prefers it too.

Thanks!