Unlimited access >

Equioxx shortage/backorder

Does anyone know what’s up with the Equioxx back order/shortage? Every website I’ve checked says it is out of stock or on back order.

I just ordered from my vet’s pharmacy because they sent out a coupon. I couldn’t order my standard 180 count bottle but they did have the smaller bottles for the same price, so I ordered 2 of the 60 count bottles. My vet uses the vetsfirstchoice pharmacy.

1 Like

Santa Cruz Animal Health has both sizes currently in stock.

I get mine through my vet (yeah, I know I know). I don’t know if she stockpiles or what, but she’s not had any issues.

My vet was out and unable to get more when I last needed it, but he was able to provide Previcox instead. This was a couple of weeks ago.

I just bought 180-count at Valley Vet.

Order previcox under a dog as the animal.

1 Like

Yup. The 60 count is out of stock, but I just ordered the 180 count today :slight_smile:

I ordered a 60 count maybe a week ago with no problem. Through my vet’s pharmacy (not vets first choice).

I get mine from my vet, but he also will price match what I find online which I am SUPER appreciative of.

(Of course… I have dropped enough funds for him to buy a new car lately so…)

1 Like

Yeah. My vet has the 60 count in stock but not the 180 and Valley Vet had the 180 but not the 60. I wanted the bigger bottle anyway to go ahead and lay in a good stock of it and it’s cheaper at Valley Vet. My vet has rebate things you can do, but it’s such a pain. I’d rather just get it from VV.

Mine came yesterday.

I always use Previcox for the cost savings.

1 Like

I would love to use Previcox, but my vet won’t prescribe it, saying they are cracking down on the use of it or horses.

1 Like

You can do the rebates online for wherever you buy it, I believe. Just google Equiox rebate and it’s on the manufacturer’s website.

The manufacturer’s rebate (at least last time I read it) stated that it has to be purchased through a vet. They would not honor mine bought through an online company.

Ugh, I order it thru Chewy and my vet just OKs it thru email. Sucks they wont do it when from what I have read it is the exact same dang drug! Try a different vet? Do you have dogs that you can convince THEIR vet that they need previcox lol? Sorry that really is a bummer, good luck though!