Unlimited access >

EQUISHOP REVIEW NEEDED

Hey guys, wanted to bump this thread up and ask if anyone on here has ordered from Canada? Noticing that CAD is not a selectable currency on the Equishop website… assuming we would pay with US funds?

Has anyone ever purchased a new saddle from EU to Canada?
I am looking at oldmillsaddlery.com Having a hard time reading through the Duties and Tax laws. It seems some online retailers handle it on their end? Some sites say will have to pay 5% of the product value, other say up to 13% duty and 13% tax. Or none if the retailer has taken care of it already with their shipping fees and courier?
Help. The price difference between purchasing overseas even with shipping and a potential 5% duty still makes it worth it. Not if I end up with a potential 13% + 13% bill though…

Maybe they don’t ship to Canada? If they did, would we have to pay VAT or duties etc?

I did contact the shop and they confirmed that they do ship to Canada and that Canadian customers typically pay in USD. We would not be subject to VAT (similar to USA), however we MAY be subject to duties. They are hit or miss, I did notice that gift wrapping was an option…

Oooooh gift wrapping :smile: Paying in USD is kinda ouchy though. Thanks for checking!