Unlimited access >

Equitation Boots

I asked my trainer about this and she said she had no idea so lets see if anyone on here knows. I will be doing equitation this coming show year at schooling shows and around 3 A shows. My Warmblood should have boots on at all times when possible when jumping (even when warming up for hunters) and I read that you can use boots in equitation. Are you required to have leather ones? I really like the equifit boots, but don’t have enough money for the leather luxe ones. Could I use black boots or is that a no no? Any insight is appreciated!

Plenty of people use the black EquiFit ones, you’ll be fine.

Nope, no need for leather. The open front Eskadrons are pretty common, too. And you can always use polo wraps; not as common any more, but certainly allowed.

I’ve actually seen a recent resurgence of black polos in the eq. Still waiting for the blindingly white polos I used during my eq career to come back into vogue!

Lots of used Equifit Luxe’s on the market right now - however, leather boots not necessary!

[QUOTE=greywithchrome;8493079]
Lots of used Equifit Luxe’s on the market right now - however, leather boots not necessary![/QUOTE]

Where?!

[QUOTE=Mayaty02;8493137]
Where?![/QUOTE]

Check ENGLISH TACK TRADER on Facebook and search Equifit Luxe :slight_smile: I’ve seen every size on there recently!

Premier tack outlet also sells used equitiation boots.

Not sure where you’re located, but greenhawk in canada sells leather boots. They’re actually pretty good looking for the price… Might be worth looking at with the dollar the way it is.

[QUOTE=pacific_jumper;8495846]
Premier tack outlet also sells used equitiation boots.

Not sure where you’re located, but greenhawk in canada sells leather boots. They’re actually pretty good looking for the price… Might be worth looking at with the dollar the way it is.[/QUOTE]

If you’re talking about the Mondega boots I disagree. I bought a pair and highly disliked them.

[QUOTE=greywithchrome;8496417]
If you’re talking about the Mondega boots I disagree. I bought a pair and highly disliked them.[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to add… I have not used them personally. I just have seen them on other horses