Unlimited access >

Ergonomic/anatomical bridles?

Did you cut off the flash tab? What broadband did you swap in?

The flash tab is removable!

1 Like

The flash tab is removeable and the browband is also “affordable” thru this website.

I am trying to figure out if this is legal for competition? All the pictures in the rulebooks (USEA and USEF) and rule changes I find talk about jowl straps being legal but everything I see has the noseband separate from the jowl strap so there’s two straps under the horse’s head. Banging my head against a wall figuring out if the noseband and the jowl strap being connected makes any difference.

By my understanding of the current rules, that bridle is not permitted because it lacks a throat latch or jowl strap. That one just has a single noseband strap.

NOTE: DR121.3.3 states that a throat latch and/or a jowl strap is required.
A jowl strap is considered a throat latch that can be used to replace or
used in addition to a traditional throat latch. In order to replace the throat
latch, the jowl strap must be fitted around or immediately below the
horse’s jowl (Figure 121.7). Nosebands with one or two lower (chin) straps
must also have a throat latch, as described above. The back strap (or chin
strap) of a noseband cannot also be considered a jowl strap. This rule
applies to all dressage levels and tests where a combined noseband is
permitted.

From USDF bits-saddlery-equipment annex

Thank you so much, my dumb self didn’t even think to also check USDF! USEF didn’t have that added snippet about the noseband strap not doubling as a jowl strap. I appreciate your help! I did find a version of this bridle with a throat latch thankfully.

1 Like

I’d just been looking at the tack-attire rules for another reason so it was fresh in my mind and easy to grab the information for you. Glad to help! :smiley:

1 Like

You can just add a throatlatch for shows. PS Sweden included a throatlatch with the Nirak bridle I bought.