Unlimited access >

Eskadron: taller hind ankle boots still made?

My pal has a set of 4 Eskadron boots. The fronts are standard open fronts. The hinds are taller on the inner part. The inner portion is about 4-5" tall, giving more protection several inches above the fetlock. They don’t look same as the fronts in that they are only high on the inside, if that makes sense. She said she got these at least 4 years ago and recently brought them out for a new horse that interferes behind. All I’m finding are the small, round fetlock ankle boots. Does anyone know what I mean and maybe what other brand may look like these?

Like these? https://www.fundis-equestrian.com/us/horse/horse-boots-and-wraps/fetlock-boots/12281/eskadron-fetlock-boots-protection-elastic

They appear to be taller fetlock boots compared to the more common ones. But I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Yes, that’s it!! Thanks. After a bit more searching, it looks like they’re only available from European tack sites :confused:.

I have an old pair as you’ve described and have never been able to get them again. I love them.

If it’s worth anything, I’ve bought many things from Fundis. The exchange rate is great and I got my items in 3 business days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow - thanks for that tip. That’s faster shipping than Dover or SmartPak! I may have to make a shopping list :slight_smile:

These?

Yes, many of us have become Fundis groupies! I got a full set of Veredus for $168 including shipping… ordered on Sunday night, they came on Tuesday afternoon. Their shipping is insanely fast!

2 Likes

Buyer beware if you’re going to order from Fundis Equestrian as my experience hasn’t been positive so far:
4/23 Placed order for Eskadron horse boots and halter. The halter said Cob size not available until Sept. 1, but I wanted Horse size and that alert was not on the Horse or WB size. The confirmation email said I’d get another one when my order shipped.
4/29 No shipping email came, and my CC was charged, so I emailed an inquiry. They responded next day saying all sizes of the halter weren’t available until Sept., so I asked them to please cancel/credit that part of my order, which they did quickly. OK, figured I’d get an email saying my boots would now be on the way. Nope.
5/4 Perturbed, I sent an inquiry for the boots. They said their site says 6-8 days to receive these boots. True, but there’s no way I’m getting these today if they haven’t even shipped them yet.

Just sayin’ the other folks who have ordered from them in the past must’ve been REALLY lucky to get their items in 2 days from Germany. I still have no idea when my order will ship. So unless they carry a unique or much lower priced item you can’t find elsewhere, I’d be cautious. This will be my one and only order from them! Sorry…rant over.

Usually the Eskadrons are like half price from Europe anyway, so if you order some sets even with shipping (if you have to pay it) is worth it.

Another good shop to try is Emmers in NL. I’ve gotten some Eskadrons from there. I think a lot of the boots have been backordered off and on over the past year but they are pretty up to date on their stock information I think. Though I was checking out Fundis for the faux sheepskin ones recently…

I’m bummed to hear you’ve had a bad experience! :frowning: I hope they get you your boots soon!