Unlimited access >

Euro style horse van in the US - how do I find one?

Hello, anyone know how to find a used (or new!!) 2 horse van available in the US (like a horsebox in the EU)? I know about Frank DiBella and L&D trailers, they are both booking out into 2025 for special orders. I know not many people drive these in the US, but wondered if anyone has heard of a place to find them used or has any great ideas about how to find one stateside. I’m striking out on FB marketplace. Would love any leads…thank you!

Reach out to Keith, he’s the US-based rep for STX in Wellington. Super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable. I met him at WEF two years ago and he let me drive one of the Stephex farm vans they use there to see how I liked it. I don’t have one, yet, but want one! They use the Ram platform. If you want the line on the used ones, he’s the guy for that, too. When people order new ones, he has a waiting list of people ready to take the used one off the previous owners’ hands.

3 Likes

I second reaching out to Keith. I have one, the interior design is great. The ram can be a little underpowered going up hills, but it’s not a deal breaker. They are generally really handy. I would look on facebook groups to see if there are used ones as well.

2 Likes

Definitely STX Vans - www.stxvans.com :wink: The European leader and probably one of the only van builders you can trust in terms of using quality materials and safety for your horse. The STX Vans are now being produced in Florida and the deliver times are a matter of days/weeks depending on the colour you would like. There is a new Ford model and another will be released later this year. Frank DiBella are actually acting as a dealer now for the vans and have one there to view. You can also order through them.

NOT an economy brand !

Not in my budget, but just curious, would these be able to tow a small trailer? I was thinking about one for a carriage or small camping trailer.

ETA - I’m referring to the 2 horse STX vans, not the Motorcoach.

I think that depends on your terrain. Loaded up with two horses, my STX van was pretty slow going up steeper hills in Malibu. On flatter surfaces, a light trailer with a golf cart is probably fine. But I wouldn’t push it too hard.

1 Like