Unlimited access >

Event barns near Fort Worth, TX

Hey guys! I’ll be moving to the Fort Worth area from WA state. I know nothing of the Eventing scene down there- any suggestions for barns/trainers in the area? Is anyone known for having a working student program? Thanks!

I cannot recommend Angela Grzywinski enough. She’s in Burleson.

There’s also a few others, like Mike Huber, becky Roper if you want to go further north. Others will chime in as well, I’m sure.

[QUOTE=Pacifically;8656897]
Hey guys! I’ll be moving to the Fort Worth area from WA state. I know nothing of the Eventing scene down there- any suggestions for barns/trainers in the area? Is anyone known for having a working student program? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Happy to recommend Curragh Equestrian Center, which has great resident trainers and beautiful facilities!

Do you know what area of Fort Worth you will be living in? That may influence recommendations. Also - what level of eventing rider are you and what are your goals? Do you have a type of barn that you’ve been happy with in the past or that you know you don’t like. There are lots of choices in the area.

[QUOTE=PAF;8657124]
Do you know what area of Fort Worth you will be living in? That may influence recommendations. Also - what level of eventing rider are you and what are your goals? Do you have a type of barn that you’ve been happy with in the past or that you know you don’t like. There are lots of choices in the area.[/QUOTE]

I’ve competed to Prelim and schooled Intermediate/Advanced but, I have a green bean now. Ultimately, I have FEI aspirations for him. I’d love to be a part of a program that will help me produce him all the way up. I tend to like “old school” types. I rode with Mike Huber once about 10 years ago when he came up for a clinic and liked him. Happy to travel for a great match!

Check out the website of the North Texas Eventing Association. They have a great Business Directory that shows trainers/instructors by location. :slight_smile:

http://www.nteventing.net/

The happy news is that you have some top-class trainers to choose from. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Pacifically;8657200]
I’ve competed to Prelim and schooled Intermediate/Advanced but, I have a green bean now. Ultimately, I have FEI aspirations for him. I’d love to be a part of a program that will help me produce him all the way up. I tend to like “old school” types. I rode with Mike Huber once about 10 years ago when he came up for a clinic and liked him. Happy to travel for a great match![/QUOTE]

Angela G., already mentioned above, is a Mike Huber student who has been bringing students and horses up through the ranks for several years now. Her people love her, and so many of them have gone from BN to Prelim, even Intermediate, with her. :slight_smile:

Tempus Eventing for a google search

It’s a bit of a drive from FW, but Ellen Doughty-Hume is in Rockwall. I’ve been riding with her for a month or so, and she’s been really great for me.