Unlimited access >

Eventing Barns near Seattle (King County)

I’m an adult rider looking for an eventing barn within a 45 min drive of Seattle. I’m currently training in dressage with Sonja Vracko at View Ridge Farm in Woodinville, but I miss jumping and want to also learn cross-country. I was formally doing so with Emerald Glen Stables, but the property sold about a year or so ago and the trainer moved to Florida. I know there are probably lots of options, but being near Woodinville/Redmond would be more ideal as I live in North Seattle. I do not currently own a horse so I do need access to a schoolmaster or a lease horse. I prefer to ride at a quieter barn with mostly adults. Thanks for your recommendations!

I am not as familiar with northern parts - the following come to mind on the eastside.

Meg Finn at Tally Ho Farm in Redmond - think she has mix of kid and adults and lesson horse availability.
Maris Burns and Kelsey Devoille with Next Phase Eventing - not sure of horse availability.

South King County -
Sarah Matsuzewski of Freedom Run at Reber Ranch in Kent - mix of kids and adults
Amber Luce at Pond-a-Luce in Edgewood/Fife - definitely more kids than adults

Not sure about school horse availability but these come to mind:

Jenny Holbrook - Lodestar Training in Monroe - Excellent trainer and instructor, competes a lot.

Meika Decher - Polestar Farm in Lake Stevens - Also excellent and has her own xc course

Both are adult oriented

Thank you so much for your recommendations so far. I’ve reached out to a couple of those barns/trainers to see if their lesson program has a schoolmaster horse or lease options so I can get back into the jumping arena.

Check out Area VII adult riders Facebook page. To see what is going on in Ouget Sound area