Unlimited access >

Eventing barns/Training Near Winston Salem NC

I am exploring the possibility of making a life move for a job and the company is located in Advance, NC, just west of Winston Salem.

Doing some prep work I see there are boarding barns around, mainly Hunter/Dressage. I am asking anyone familiar with the area:

Are the boarding/training barns oriented towards Eventing
if not
What would be a good boarding barn (affordable and good)
and
Is there an Eventing Trainer in the area I could trailer too. I’ve been trailering 1 hour each weekend for many years so it does not matter.

It is a hard choice for I love my small farm, I love my current trainer and Greenville puts me in the middle of some great venues north and south. Its just that I had some recent personal changes and maybe looking to make an even bigger change.

I look forward to any thoughts and input, public or PM.

Thanks.

Edit:

Forgot to add that were I to make such a move, my hope would to eventually get a small farm again, but would consider one off the bat if something was in my range and available.

shea’smom is in that area. I’d start with her. http://www.ncsporthorse.com/

Bobby and Danica Meyerhoff in Statesville www.meyerhoffshowhorses.com

Dana Cooke at Kingfisher Park Equestrian in Mooresville www.kfpequestrian.info www.danacooke.ca

These are 2 that I know of. 40-50 minutes away according to google maps :wink:

Kathi Hines (sheasmom) is the closest, for sure. She does (or used to do?) a lot of Pony Club.

Thanks everyone for the response. I did check out the suggestions on line and feel good that if I were needing to move, I have options. Really appreciate the help.

You are welcome to contact me. We have a fun, active barn with pony clubbers and adults.

[QUOTE=JP60;8757155]
I am exploring the possibility of making a life move for a job and the company is located in Advance, NC, just west of Winston Salem.

Doing some prep work I see there are boarding barns around, mainly Hunter/Dressage. I am asking anyone familiar with the area:

Are the boarding/training barns oriented towards Eventing
if not
What would be a good boarding barn (affordable and good)
and
Is there an Eventing Trainer in the area I could trailer too. I’ve been trailering 1 hour each weekend for many years so it does not matter.

It is a hard choice for I love my small farm, I love my current trainer and Greenville puts me in the middle of some great venues north and south. Its just that I had some recent personal changes and maybe looking to make an even bigger change.

I look forward to any thoughts and input, public or PM.

Thanks.

Edit:

Forgot to add that were I to make such a move, my hope would to eventually get a small farm again, but would consider one off the bat if something was in my range and available.[/QUOTE]
Hi,
I will be opening my private eventing barn in Dobson, NC at the end of January. Feel free to contact me or look me up. Macjordan-Eventing.com