Unlimited access >

Eventing Dressage is over

Ingrid Klimke is second and Bettina Hoy is first, both in the 30’s. An independent German (Dibowski) is third, and Kim is fourth both with a score of 40 plus. Andrew Hoy and Master Monarch are maybe 16th.

Next American is Heidi White at 22 and Amy is at 24th. Will is about 53rd. Neither Karen nore Jan shone in the dressage.,as they both had scores in the mid 50 range.

Going by memory here, so the exact figures are probably wrong.

I hope the cross country tomorrow makes a difference in the placings, unlike Day 2 at the Olympic Games in 2004.

question as I am without my guide: are the top horses all or nearly all WBs? (I know Kim’s isn’t). Just wondering…

Ringwood Cockatoo (Hoy’s horse) is an ISH.
Klimke is riding a TB
Dibowski is on a Hannoverian.

Kim is actually tied for 3rd with Dibowski.

Edited to add that Zara Phillips is next. From her to the next four or so horses, all are either Irish or English bred. They’ve got Tamarillo listed as some funky kind of British bred, but I thought he was an Arab/TB cross.

thanks! very interesting!

YAYAY IRISH HORSES!!!

Especialy Ringwood Cockatoo - who was originally found and then trained by my friend Ann Leonard O’Grady!! Then sold on (as that is what she does with her horses… unlike, uh, me!)

so Weatherford - is Hoy’s horse then 1/2 TB and 1/2 RID? I am not up on what qualifies as a ISH?

thanks!

As Janet pointed out on another thread, an ISH can be any combination of RID/TB and now (dumb)blood… :lol:

Cockatoo, I do believe, is 3/4trs or 15/16th TB - but I have to find my stud books to be sure.

Remember, even the great Irish Draught sire, Clover Hill, was out of a TB mare…

Many RIDs and half RIDs simply don’t have the speed for upper level Eventing.

Here comes the DQ claws …
I just saw a pic on the aachen website of Bettina and her horse. Please tell me her horse’s tail is braided …
http://www.aachen2006.de/aktuell/2006/0825Vielseitigkeit.htm

I think that’s a picture of Ingrid Klimke - compare it to the pics from the Chronicle’s coverage. The poofy hair was driving me nuts when I saw the pic earlier. :smiley:

B

How is a braided tail cause for “claws”…???

Seb :slight_smile:

I think she means that if it’s NOT braided, that is a god-awful tail-pulling style/job.
I have no idea whether it’s braided or pulled…

It’s obviously braided… The poor horse would have NO tail if it was pulled/shaved all the way to the end of the dock like that… :rolleyes:

I’m just tired of judgmental “claws” whether they be DQ or otherwise… :winkgrin:

Seb :slight_smile:

heck - I am just interested in the breeding of the top scoring horses - when and why are we discussing tails???