Eventing horse sources: KY edition

Looking to source a new Eventing partner and would like to try a few in the general Lexington, KY area. Could experienced COTHers list trainers/farms with great reputations? Not looking for an upper level horse, but nice mover (dressage is more important that jump at my age) and safe/sane are top priorities. I have a solid budget, but not going to the Olympics! Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks all!

1 Like

There are a ton of trainers in the Lexington area! I’d recommend posting an ISO ad in the Lexington Kentucky Equine Community Facebook page, it has >20,000 members and trainers/sellers can send you what they have available currently.

Good luck with your search :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes there are a LOT of trainers there, so looking for first hand recommendations if possible. Previously, I have flown to see 1 or 2 horses I was interested in. I’d like to get the names of a few well-respected Event trainers/sellers vs. replies from Facebook ISO ads. Want to narrow things down as a bit overwhelmed.

Megan Moore sells a lot of eventers.

1 Like

What level horse are you looking for? There’s a lot of local riders that sell your BN/N horses, but if you want an upper level horse, there are plenty of riders to help you source one as well.

Liz Halliday, Alexa Thompson and Allie Knowles are the ones that ride at the top level currently that are in the area

Cathy Weischoff, Megan Edward’s, Jen O’Neill are in the area and generally sell some low-mid level horses.

There are plenty of younger riders or some on the outskirts of Lexington that have a lot of off the track types.

1 Like

I’m only interested in showing up to Novice, but I’d like an above average mover so we can transition to dressage-only down the road. I guess my ideal situation would be find someone’s upper level prospect that ended up not being brave or scopey enough to tackle upper level XC or stadium, but is pretty fancy on the flat.

1 Like

I’ve reached out to a few of the recommendations above. Thank you so much!!