Unlimited access >

Eventing!

I think its mount Fuji on it?

2 Likes

Fence 3 has ground line sushi’s with chopsticks!

4 Likes

Fence 8 into the water looks interesting to me.

That style seems popular lately, I think the water at Luhmulen was like that too.

1 Like

bad news for U.K. viewers!

@Libby2563, I get cable but have had problems with AT&T. I signed up for a week-long trial of FuboTV and will cancel Sunday morning. I’ve been able to watch all of the GP and Special.

Oh, I’m so curious where you post this and follow up because I have so many questions about this post!

1 Like

Thanks for that link! I love how “simple” the jumps’ design is. Looking at that link I no idea about terrain difficulties etc.

2 Likes

Any guesses on who will be trailblazers and anchors for our top teams?

it will be more like a three legged stool as if any falter, we are in the soup. Or you could say they are all three anchors. My thought would be Doug, Boyd, Phillip.

3 Likes

I think Boyd or Phillip will trailblaze, not Doug. I would guess Doug will be in the middle.

4 Likes

I am glad we drew early. I think going early will be beneficial. But it would be helpful to get a couple home first.

I feel so bad that Thailand is the very first! I can’t imagine they have the same depth of experience some of the other teams have.

5 Likes

At the 2016 FEI General Assembly, the FEI voted in favor of several proposed format changes for the Olympic Games that would make it both easier for more countries to participate and easier for spectators to understand. Those changes include limiting nations to teams of three with no drop score and changing the level of competition to (current) four-star dressage and show jumping with a 10-minute, 45-effort cross-country course at the (current) three-star level of difficulty.
The proposition to alter the star system that was accepted a year later at the 2017 FEI General Assembly was intended to satisfy two of the IOCs demands: increasing spectator friendliness and increasing the number of participating nations. “The real catalyst for changing it to the five-star system is basically the same idea [as it was in 2004] – we want to stay in the Olympics,” Payne explained.

So, I was right about 3* level LOL (I’m aware of the agreed changes but had actually forgotten the 3* level). I’ve seen a few other pictures, since my initial comments, that give a better indication of what the fences are asking. I think it is going to be an extremely technical course that will need a highly adjustable and totally genuine horse. I think the time will be difficult to achieve and that will cause riders to make mistakes as they take tight lines. Then there are the rules about flags and frangibles to add to the mix.

And I can’t watch it live because I’m in the UK, the BBC isn’t going to show the xc and I’m not paying for Discovery. The BBC will show highlights and then live SJ on Sunday. The BBC has a bit of a reputation for ignoring equestrian sport.

1 Like

This isn’t correct. Dressage has a special Olympic Games Short Test (approx. 3 min 30 seconds instead of between 4-5 minutes at 4* and 5*). and Show Jumping is at current 5* difficulty. Cross-country is at 4* difficulty, with a shortened distance in Tokyo (see FEI rules, Annex B, Cross-Country)

5 Likes

Page 23; https://inside.fei.org/system/files/FEI%20Olympic%20Regulations%20Tokyo%202020%20Equestrian%20-%20Postponed%20Olympic%20Games%20-%2016%20June%202021%20-%20Clean.pdf

@Equibrit, looking at the document you posted, the specifications for Eventing are on page 23 of the PDF.

-Dressage test is 2020 Olympic Games 5* B test (short).

-Cross country doesn’t specify a level, but is being run at a speed of 570 which is Advanced level speed, with a distance of 4500 metres and maximum efforts of 38.

-Show jumping is at 1.25m for team and 1.30m for individual medals.

Qualification is either one 5*-L or one 4*-L and one 4*-S.

So, as I stated, dressage and show jumping are at 5* level. Cross country is at 4* level.

3 Likes

All US pairs accepted!

3 Likes

OK, NOW we wait for the order of riders. I guess the Spanish horse was not represented.