Unlimited access >

Exit the Great Peronace

… and you know he’d have used the Kraft “parmesan” in the green tube instead of grana padano. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yes, he sure did.

Exactly. Minute Rice risotto, which pretty accurately describes his writing style.

11 Likes

I am more interested in his next book on the “Crazy CoTHers.” I might actually buy the e-version of that IF under $5. Well, actually my time is worth more than the money, so tha will be the debate.

In any event, I don’t think he is capable of writing that book in a meaningful credible way where it would be more than a rant or spewing of venom. It’s a slippery slope as it creates more questions than answers and puts the author’s credibility into question. And of course, rants and such are free on the Internet. Just need to visit a certain dressage account on FB and YouTube. Why buy a book?

Ok…but wasn’t the Maestro “commissioned” to write a book a couple of years ago? Why is he resorting to vanity press?

3 Likes

I thought he was asked to write a feature article for a dressage magazine. Or he thought he’d been asked.

2 Likes

Maybe he can coauthor it with LaLa Pop

15 Likes

The thought of an adult man sitting at his computer, taking on the personas of multiple middle-aged female dressage riders and referring to himself in the third person as “The Maestro” with a straight face still cracks me up to this day.

21 Likes

Ditto.

Well how about that? It appears that lholbrook is not taking the removal of his/her review very well. They posted another review.

23 Likes

Because he is delusional and thinks he knows about absolutely everything and is a master at all of it.

3 Likes

Hey, if lholbrook is who I think it is, I know him. It sure sounds like his writing style. He does not back down easily and he’s been a published writer for years. Love that he bounced back with another review.

13 Likes

A Sbarro? Lol

Is it by any chance on Audible where one could use a monthly book credit for it?

3 Likes

Oh wow that’s great news! I think that’s best for him but more importantly best for the entire equine community of earth. Honestly I think he could have a productive career as an extreme right wing journalist, political commentator, etc. That type of mindset is having a little moment right now and he seems like he could fit into that lunatic fringe pretty well.

2 Likes

If…he could actually string together a cohesive logical thought…ummm…maybe not necessary for that type of job…howabout running grammar and spell check?

7 Likes

Slightly off topic, but a Maestro thread feels like the perfect place to profess my love for the new jacket Edward Gal is wearing on Glock’s IG page… :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

He looks like he should have a saber by his side to ride off to war :joy::joy:

I do love it though!

2 Likes

Is it within FEI rules or is it something Edward Gal can get away with because he’s Edward Gal? Because if it is in fact legal dress code, I intend to bust my a$$ to make FEI level just so I can wear that :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is. I don’t think the rules on embellishments are too limiting, just colors.

1 Like

You can keep it more on topic by calling him “Ed”, like the Maestro does. As if they’re buddies.

12 Likes

I’m just starting a new book “The Girl on the Carpathia”. At $5 it’s a bargain compared to that drivel.

10 Likes

I wonder if one of his “protégés” is going to search for all the old locked threads from before the format change and start necroposting stream-of-consciousness rants to them …

5 Likes