Experience with Equestrian Roadside Assistance plans?

Ah yes the extra fees! The tow truck driver was quite disappointed that a friend had come to get my horse off the trailer when we were broke down on the on ramp (thank you to the policeman who stopped traffic for that exchange) as he was going to charge me $900!!! To tow the rig with the horse in it. Frankly knowing what I know now I don’t think we would have made it home safely.

Trailguard is fantastic

I live in Arizona and have had most of my experiences within the state but I have had a need for their help in Texas and New Mexico.

NW Indiana and have had US Rider for years. Sometimes slow response, but not totally unreasonable and they kept checking on the tow company and updating me. Never got a bill even when they had to put the truck on a flatbed and hitch the trailer to the truck. Took the trailer and horse home and the truck across town to the dealer. Like others have said, I think it depends on where you are and who they manage to contract with.

1 Like

I switched from USRider to Trail Guard. I haven’t had to use them (thankfully!) but have been with a friend who did and they were quick and very helpful. I have had to talk to their customer service before for an account issue and they went above and beyond to fix it for me

1 Like

Thank you for your information!!

1 Like

Interesting on Trail Guard maybe buying USRider. I am a long-time USRider customer because I didn’t know there was another option. USRider has always been slow and used inept contractors. One jacked up my vehicle to change a rear tire – WITH the trailer hitched up with two horses in it. Bent the frame, but I didn’t realize it for months so no recourse. Another pulled the running board off my vehicle by placing the jack on it. They did pay to fix that. Those were both in SE PA. My most recent was in DE about a month ago. Flat tire on 95, no trailer, OEM jack would not go high enough to put OEM spare on. Contractor took twice as long as they quoted (still got there in an hour) and the operator was very professional. Very different from my previous experiences. If it is because Trail Guard bought them out, they are doing a great job.

1 Like

I have had US Rider since 2007. While I have had some slow responses, they have always gotten to me and taken great care of me.

I had a flat tire in the middle of nowhere Virginia last year at 1:30 a.m. It took the driver about an hour to get to me, but he was extremely pleasant for being woken up in the middle of the night. He did a great job, and I tipped him generously.

3 Likes