Unlimited access >

Experience with N2 Saddles?

I’m in the process of buying a new saddle. Have a Trilogy Verago on order, but recently rode in an N2 and loved it. Anyone have experience with this brand and SoCal reps? Thanks!

My next saddle may be an N2. Sue and Graham were tired of many problems they had with production issues at other companies, so designed their new saddle line and have been to England to work on production and design details.

My next saddle will most likely be an N2, depending on what feels comfortable and fits me well. I use Limelite for my saddle fitting - which is inconvenient since they don’t live here, but they’re the only independent saddle fitters who come this way that I know of, and will work with whatever brand a rider has, and they have certainly done right by me. My mare is in a young horse saddle, and her body keeps changing every 2 weeks or so, so we are waiting on getting her next saddle. Sue and Graham will bring out used saddles which are the right shape for her when they come out in 6 months - 1 year when we think she’s finally stopped changing enough to make it more normal adjustment periods between fittings, and if none of them fit me well (because I’m the hard to fit one with a big bottom and short legs plus a love for the narrowest twist known to mankind) I will order a custom saddle made to fit both of us.

I have long said that the fitter is more important than the brand beyond just it feeling good for you, and they are the saddle fitters who come here who I like - thus my desire to get their saddles if I order new, because I trust they will make sure to make everything right. :slight_smile:

Thank you netg! Very helpful since my mare is 3 and we’re in the same boat. I’ve been riding in my trainers Trilogy and it’s just not as comfortable as I would like. Would prefer not to wait 2 months for a new saddle and be disappointed. I agree about the fitter, since it took me awhile to get responses from some and it’s super frustrating.

Have had the N2 for a little over a year now. Trainer has one also. I have a WB - trainer has an OTTB. I tried 12 different saddles from various makers in 2 visits (I use Limelight Saddlery also). Kept coming back to the N2. I got the one with a short thigh block and find it comfortable, without restricting my movement. Also the buffalo on the seat and flaps is grippy and easy to maintain. Adjustments are easy to do so as my horse changes I can have them done during the periodic Limelight visits :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=belgianWBLuver;8016806]
Have had the N2 for a little over a year now. Trainer has one also. I have a WB - trainer has an OTTB. I tried 12 different saddles from various makers in 2 visits (I use Limelight Saddlery also). Kept coming back to the N2. I got the one with a short thigh block and find it comfortable, without restricting my movement. Also the buffalo on the seat and flaps is grippy and easy to maintain. Adjustments are easy to do so as my horse changes I can have them done during the periodic Limelight visits :)[/QUOTE]

OMG.

You saying that made me feel like my baby’s way older all of sudden. :slight_smile: I tried some N2s from their first few models when I was looking for her first saddle, and thought “they haven’t had saddles for over a year!” Then I realized they have and you’re correct. Time flies when you’re riding a fun horse!

We’ve started using LimeLite a couple of years ago and have been very happy. I bought an N2 after sitting in several models, and it has made a huge difference to my riding. I’m happy, my horse is happy, and the saddle ( the N2 Vincitore) is beautiful!